Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1861 - 1880 of 1895 Posts

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
13,642 Posts
Huh… so you had a good talk with the beekeeper, I take it.
There's a crusty, old guy in the nearby town of Toledo called The Bee Man. I had him come out for a previous swarm in another tree. I talked to him quite a bit about what he was doing as it seemed somewhat dangerous to capture the bees with no bee suit or head gear. He said that when honey bees get too crowded in their nest, one of the new queens and a bunch of the hive will take off to create a new hive. Before they depart, the bees load up on honey for the trip and for the new hive. They become quite docile as their tummies are full and they have no hive to defend.

He brought out a portable swarm box, set it on the ground and opened it up. He got up on a small ladder and would grab handfuls of bees with no gloves on and place them in the box. I don't know how he found the queen inside that mass of bees but he did and placed it in the box. He told me he'd be back in the evening when it started to get dark to pick up the box. As time passed, all the bees flying around started going into the box, following the queen's pheromones. In a few hours the bees had made the box their new home and later that evening, he came back, closed up the box, and took it home. Not one sting. It was amazing to watch him grab big handfuls of bees without any problems. Not me!

Reactions: SkylineDreamz

·
Registered
2019 Q50S Iridium Blue/ Graphite
400 Posts
Picked up my 3rd Q50 today. Always wanted iridium blue. This one is a 2019 Sport RWD with 19.7k miles, graphite interior. Coming soon: LDP, Ecutek tune, wide wheels and yuge tires.

·
Registered
2018 White Q50RS RWD
114 Posts
Some photos from Saturday afternoon driving in the foothills. Really need to get the chrome delete/blacked out grill install done soon!

Reactions: Ohthatguy

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
13,642 Posts

·
Registered
2018 White Q50RS RWD
114 Posts
EcuTek tuned at 18 PSI and you're only getting 406 WHP? WTF?
Ya, it seems a bit on the low end from what I've seen on these forums. I did ask for a more conservative tune from a local shop, so that may be part of the reason for lower #'s.

Very fun to drive now post-tune but was hoping for a bit more. I am sure I will be back to get more aggressive with tuning after keeping it for a while as-is.

·
Registered
400 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Q50 RS AWD
69 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Infiniti Q50 RS400 AWD
215 Posts
Looks great, what wheels are those?
Thank you, they’re GTS flow forged wheels. Went cheap with the rims and (in my opinion) overboard with the tires.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 RS AWD
69 Posts
Thank you, they’re GTS flow forged wheels. Went cheap with the rims and (in my opinion) overboard with the tires.
Well it looks good and I'm sure they're lighter than the stock wheels...I am having a hard time deciding on wheels, so I just scrolled though about 25 pages of this thread to get some ideas.

Reactions: SkylineDreamz

·
Registered
215 Posts
Well it looks good and I'm sure they're lighter than the stock wheels...I am having a hard time deciding on wheels, so I just scrolled though about 25 pages of this thread to get some ideas.
They are 48 lbs per corner now with with rim and tire. Factory red sport wheels with Dunlop Runflat were 62 lbs.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 RS AWD
69 Posts
They are 48 lbs per corner now with with rim and tire. Factory red sport wheels with Dunlop Runflat were 62 lbs.
Nice, now grab some 2-peice rotors and shave off some more!

Reactions: jodedor

·
Registered
215 Posts
Nice, now grab some 2-peice rotors and shave off some more!
I have been eyeballing the sprinkle slotted set from Z1, however I’m going to wait til my brakes are close to being done before deciding. It’s also going to cost me over $2000 CAD with pads, shipping and import fees. So likely won’t happen.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 RS AWD
69 Posts
Yea, I pulled the trigger on the Z1 Drilled and Slotted. Wasn't the next mod I wanted to do, but needed brakes, so figured I may as well. Been waiting for the weather to clear up to get some good pics. I will post them up soon somewhere on here.

·
Registered
215 Posts
This would be the perfect thread.

·
Registered
400 Posts

1861 - 1880 of 1895 Posts