Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I visited my dealer this week for maintenance on my '10 G37x. While there, I spoke to my salesman about the Q50 and any new news. He was one of the reps that made it to the test track in Texas.

I did ask who was in attendance and if the media was present. He clearly said that the media was kept out of this event. It was for dealerships only. He wouldn't expect the press to get ahold of the car until just before or as they start being delivered potentially in July.

This would be a reasonable reason for the lack of any new press coverage.

BTW, for those that have found the 'Infiniti Revealed' app in the Apple App Store or in the Android store and found it to be useless, it requires interaction with a new brochure (about 4x6") and the app's identification of specific tags on each page to drive the application. It is a pretty cool interaction.

·
Registered
298 Posts
My explanation is: Infiniti can't produce enough Q50s to satisfy demand that could be significant in case media reviews will be positive. However if reviews will be negative it may screw entire Q line altogether and that is not what Infiniti wants.

Likely first customers will review the car themselves.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
I do think that Infiniti has to sell off as many G37s as possible, and if the Q50 makes too big a splash, too early, it will be that much harder to sell the Gs(it looks like my dealer has a some G25s!! still on the lot). I also think that they want to make a huge splash when the car finally arrives - if they drag it out over several months, interest may wane.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Infiniti will continue selling the G37 thru 2014 as a 2014 model. When people see the lease/purchase pricing of the new Q50, many will opt to simply get into a 2013/14 G. The Q50 is a nice vehicle, but with a lease that will average 40 percent more than a comparably equipped G, it will be a hard sell. This is why Infiniti has decided to continue to manufacture the G into 2014. It comprises 55-60 percent of all Infiniti sales annually and they cannot risk a slow sales start with the Q50.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Infiniti will continue selling the G37 thru 2014 as a 2014 model. When people see the lease/purchase pricing of the new Q50, many will opt to simply get into a 2013/14 G. The Q50 is a nice vehicle, but with a lease that will average 40 percent more than a comparably equipped G, it will be a hard sell. This is why Infiniti has decided to continue to manufacture the G into 2014. It comprises 55-60 percent of all Infiniti sales annually and they cannot risk a slow sales start with the Q50.
As per the owner of few Infiniti dealerships (who is also a friend), there will be no 2014 G37 sedans. The G37 coupe and convertible will continue unchanged. In general, Q50 would cost ~$150 more to lease vs comparably equipped G37. I'm sure that there will be better deals next year.

·
Registered
59 Posts
As per my Infiniti dealer, the G37 will remain in production through the first 6 months of 2014. I was given the option to reserve a 2014 G37 for delivery by the end of this year or early 2014.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
O.K., lay down your bets on who is right.;) As far as what I've seen, the G37 coupe is unchanged, but becomes the Q60. I'm assuming that the G37 sedan is no more. (Maybe the dealer who says there WILL be a 2014 G37 is planning on making up new papers for the 2013 G37s, just to get them off the lot.:D:D:D:D:D)

·
Registered
348 Posts
I stand by my information. Often sales people are the last to know about
their company's plans. When I leased my G35S in 2008, the sales person insisted that there will be no G37 sedan. He then sold me one in 2011...

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
O.K., lay down your bets on who is right.;) As far as what I've seen, the G37 coupe is unchanged, but becomes the Q60. I'm assuming that the G37 sedan is no more. (Maybe the dealer who says there WILL be a 2014 G37 is planning on making up new papers for the 2013 G37s, just to get them off the lot.:D:D:D:D:D)
Oh no not the old TAG job...:p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.