Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Potholes run deep in New Jersey lately. Hit one last night where it did not exist the night before. It was dark and I didn't see it in time. My gosh, thought the tires would blow. The car is sitting in the driveway covered in crust of road salt and dirt.

I'm so glad the car is leased...

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
I wish I had the type of luck you had, hitting a hole and not popping a tire. I barely grazed something on the highway 2 weeks back and my tire popped and had to get it replaced. I hate these RFTs. Potholes and salt is big problem up here too in NY, especially after the snow. :(

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Potholes run deep in New Jersey lately.

Lately? From my several trips through New Jersey over the years, I had your state pegged as the one with the worst roads. Driving the Interstates and the Turnpike/Parkway is like driving on a country back road that hasn't seen a repaving in 20 years. What do you people do with the road tax money?:eek:

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts

Lately? From my several trips through New Jersey over the years, I had your state pegged as the one with the worst roads. Driving the Interstates and the Turnpike/Parkway is like driving on a country back road that hasn't seen a repaving in 20 years. What do you people do with the road tax money?:eek:
HAHA, I ask the same question about NY road tax money as well.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

The usual. Give it to unions and then cry about 1% not paying enough taxes. ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
The weather has been killing the roads here in Michigan as well. Lost a tire on my Mazda, and the wheel probably needs to be straightened (if possible).

Lease doesn't save you from having to pay for a damaged wheel or tire, does it?

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
The usual. Give it to unions and then cry about 1% not paying enough taxes. ;)
The real waste of the road tax (I assume you mean fuel tax, as road tax refers to speeding violations) is using it to subsidize mass transit.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The weather has been killing the roads here in Michigan as well. Lost a tire on my Mazda, and the wheel probably needs to be straightened (if possible).

Lease doesn't save you from having to pay for a damaged wheel or tire, does it?
No, it doesn't. But salt corroded undercarriage, pothole worn out and loose suspension, worn out steering, shocks and springs all go right back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.