Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
3,822 Posts
Nice, thanks sil8ty. How is the trunk operated? Does the trunk button on the fob open and close it? Can you close it by hand if you wanted to? Does the trunk button inside the car work?

I've shared a few videos here and I am not very savvy. What I did was I saved the videos on my MS OneDrive (used to be called SkyDrive) which is a free cloud storage tool. If you have a Windows PC, it should be one of the icons on the left when you open Windows Explorer. You can also download the app to your phone. Save the vid in one of your OneDrive folders and right click on it. It will give you a link to share.

·
Registered
Q50S 2015
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thanks, the trunk runs normally as per factory, just push the button on dash, push and hold on fob to open and remotely close. There's one new button and that one is a push to close trunk. You can close it by hand, you just can't slam it like when you had gas struts, and a shove when fully down to lock it.

Nice, thanks sil8ty. How is the trunk operated? Does the trunk button on the fob open and close it? Can you close it by hand if you wanted to? Does the trunk button inside the car work?

I've shared a few videos here and I am not very savvy. What I did was I saved the videos on my MS OneDrive (used to be called SkyDrive) which is a free cloud storage tool. If you have a Windows PC, it should be one of the icons on the left when you open Windows Explorer. You can also download the app to your phone. Save the vid in one of your OneDrive folders and right click on it. It will give you a link to share.

View attachment 90761

·
Registered
Q50S 2015
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

View attachment 90761

·
Super Moderator
3,822 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,822 Posts
Ok, I can see it now. I had to download it for some reason. Thanks!

·
Registered
2016 Hybrid 3.5 SportTech RWD
530 Posts
Great job!

Reactions: ptatohed

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
3,387 Posts
Ooooooooo...I LIKE this. Fantastic job!

·
Super Moderator
3,822 Posts

·
Registered
Q50S 2015
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
More updates:

IF YOU HAVE TO ADJUST YOUR TRUNK. Loosen #2 slowly so it suddenly doesn't drop.
IF both are fairly loose and it doesn't move, tighten the top one finger tight and tap the trunk - the paint is holding it in place.

Seat removal

REgular version

60/40 split version

Should be easy to fish wire between the two points, if you have trouble here's this:

·
Super Moderator
3,822 Posts
I must have missed it.... what is "foot sensor"?

·
Premium Member
3,387 Posts
I must have missed it.... what is "foot sensor"?
I'm guessing a motion sensor mounted under the rear bumper that you swing your foot past which activates the trunk to open. Our Escape has this feature.

·
Super Moderator
3,822 Posts
OMG, that is sick! Did I miss it or did you not mention the foot sensor before post # 30?
Dude, I am more excited about this mod now than before. That foot sensor option is sick!

·
Premium Member
3,387 Posts
OMG, that is sick! Did I miss it or did you not mention the foot sensor before post # 30?
Dude, I am more excited about this mod now than before. That foot sensor option is sick!
You don't get out much. Or you think all those people in Target's parking lot are just doing an Irish jig in preparation for St Patty's Day?

·
Super Moderator
3,822 Posts
You don't get out much. Or you think all those people in Target's parking lot are just doing an Irish jig in preparation for St Patty's Day?
I didn't say I didn't know this feature existed in other cars, I said I didn't know it was part of this Q50 power trunk mod sil8 is posting about.

·
Premium Member
3,387 Posts
I didn't say I didn't know this feature existed in other cars, I said I didn't know it was part of this Q50 power trunk mod sil8 is posting about.
Sorry, I misunderstood your statement. It's almost like we're married.

·
Registered
Q50S 2015
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I just didn't know if i wanted it or not, but decided to install anyways as it had already bought it

21 - 40 of 55 Posts