41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
3,822 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Although $CAD is in a freefall right now, I won't be buying anything of outside currency in the short term.

·
Registered
Q50S 2015
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #45 (Edited)
I was told that they would be a discount code for buying your kit.

DISCOUNT CODE 10% "q50hansshow" . No expiry was mentioned

·
Super Moderator
3,822 Posts
I was told that they would be a discount code for buying your kit.

DISCOUNT CODE "q50hansshow" . No expiry was mentioned
%?

·
Registered
Q50S 2015
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Extra lighting using wiring from the power lift kit.
It's unfortunate it's not as WHITE as the lights claim to be

Normal Trunk w/ led bulb

Simple Red is + voltage and Black is Ground. The power is tapped from the "trunk close" button with the kit

·
Super Moderator
3,822 Posts
Can I keep telling you that you are The Man, or is it getting old? Nice job! :)

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
8,973 Posts
Looks like you're using 8000K bulbs which will be bluish-white. 6000K will match the rest of the car's LEDs.

I wimped out and just replaced the OEM trunk bulb with a high-output LED. It's bright enough for me. The OEM trunk bulb was pathetically dim.

·
Registered
Q50S 2015
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Looks like you're using 8000K bulbs which will be bluish-white. 6000K will match the rest of the car's LEDs.

I wimped out and just replaced the OEM trunk bulb with a high-output LED. It's bright enough for me. The OEM trunk bulb was pathetically dim.
Unfortunately the bulbs were just labeled "white", there was a light blue and blue, and a whole bunch of other colors.
I used a led for oem trunk for the longest time, then decided I wanted more light

·
Registered
2016 Infiniti Q50 Premium 3.0t AWD - Black Obsidian
47 Posts
I'm interested in this but I just cant justify it being half a G for an automatic trunk. Gonna have to put this mod on hold for a bit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
PLEASE NOTE, CURRENTLY THE STRUTS ARE ABOUT 12mm Shorter than OEM, so it also means that the trunk is lower and you could bump your head, currently waiting on finding longer struts from manufacturer. OEM =290mm, current 278mm measured from center to center when fully extended
Hi, did you find any struts that were longer. I'm not the tallest and still find it too low.

·
Super Moderator
3,822 Posts
I'm interested in this but I just cant justify it being half a G for an automatic trunk. Gonna have to put this mod on hold for a bit.
This is actually a pretty good price. When I was at UNAVi getting my Android Auto installed last Friday, I priced their power lift-gate for the Q50. It's way more than this and doesn't offer the foot sensor feature.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts