Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I just need to pick brains. A month ago I had a new battery installed at dealership. Very long story, short, they gave me a bad battery. After getting the car jumped and trying to drive some charge back into it, my car shut down while driving from lack of electrical power. Luckily I just left my driveway. No power steering, all sensors off, just a heaping stack of metal. Battery was replaced by dealership after they dismissed my claims that it was indeed the battery… wouldn’t you know it, it was right…

Now 3 weeks later I feel like there are times when I step on the gas and it’s like I’m in eco mode, or shifting doesn’t seem right, or almost like there is a small slip. Some days it seems fine, other days it comes back and it’s hard to replicate. I guess I need to grab video when it happens.

I put some fuel system cleaner in to see if there was any buildup in the fuel lines but I feel it’s happened since then too.

Could the total power loss have done something to the computers/timing?
Thanks

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Have you scanned for any DTCs (code reader)?

·
Registered
2016 Infiniti Q50 Premium AWD (w/Bose & Nav)
635 Posts
The battery change might have reset the learned throttle behavior for gearing. If the issue doesn't persist in manual mode, try an ECU reset.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts