Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been wanting to try this method for a while to speed up my washing process.

Picked up a ryobi 3000 psi pressure washer and a Matcc II foam canon from amazon with chemical guys honey dew foam soap. I used a ryobi pressure reducer because as this is the first time using this combo and I wanted to play it safe. I also swapped the orifice to produce more foam but I still still need to play with the pressure reducer settings to get super thick foam.

Rinsed, then foamed then rinsed and foam again using a wash mitt the second time around. Literally cut my washing time in half because the pressure washer did all of the heavy lifting.

Attachments

·
Registered
649 Posts
Looks good my friend. I don't use a foam canon in my detailing world but we all have our processes and ways of doing things. They are fun and can be effective. This is an older interesting video comparison vs simple ONR. The biggest care with either method when pre-soaking an entire car is air temp and humidity as the concerns is soap drying on the surface prematurely.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks good my friend. I don't use a foam canon in my detailing world but we all have our processes and ways of doing things. They are fun and can be effective. This is an older interesting video comparison vs simple ONR. The biggest care with either method when pre-soaking an entire car is air temp and humidity as the concerns is soap drying on the surface prematurely.
Agreed! It was very fun, less scrubbing from me and I kept an eye on the soap drying prematurely.

Thanks for the video.

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
I actually just changed the soap I use from Armor-All to Maguires, I didn't realizie how terrible the armor-all stuff was by comparison. I prefer washing my cars by hand
so I can get really close and into some of the hard to reach spots but I must admit a foam cannons does look like a lot of fun.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
10,848 Posts
I didn't know there was a canon for foam. Did some church council decree a regulation or dogma for foam?

Now a foam cannon I understand.

Reactions: Fateswarning

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I actually just changed the soap I use from Armor-All to Maguires, I didn't realizie how terrible the armor-all stuff was by comparison. I prefer washing my cars by hand
so I can get really close and into some of the hard to reach spots but I must admit a foam cannons does look like a lot of fun.
Yes meguiars has great soap!

With the foam canon method I still use a wash mitt And a bucket of water to rinse the mitt off. I use the canon then rinse and use the canon again. This takes off heavy debris and it’s alot of fun lol.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Reactions: BigHeadClan

·
Registered
5,244 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
10,848 Posts
Looking at that foam cannon, what fitting is used to supply water? It looks different than the typical garden hose fitting.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
10,848 Posts

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Looking at that foam cannon, what fitting is used to supply water? It looks different than the typical garden hose fitting.
Correct - it is a male quick disconnect (QD). The female QD (included with the foamer) attaches to your regular garden hose.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
10,848 Posts
Correct - it is a male quick disconnect (QD). The female QD (included with the foamer) attaches to your regular garden hose.
That's what I figured but the advertisement doesn't specify that. I might have to pick one up.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
If you are looking to wash your car in the most efficient amount of time, rinseless wash is the way to go. I've pretty much fully converted to Optimum No Rinse for all my washing unless it is crazy dirty (rarely ever is since I wash weekly).

Reactions: pdqgp

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ONR is great no doubt, I didn’t want to make a this vs. that thread. I just wanted to share my brief experience with some new tools!

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I went as cheap as I could go. Big surprise to anyone’s that read my posts.

I opted for the cheaper foam gun. Gets the job done for a fraction of the price.

https://www.amazon.com/Gilmour-Clea...ords=foam+gun&qid=1562384096&s=gateway&sr=8-9

Quick release fittings.

https://www.amazon.com/HQMPC-Connec...rden+hose&qid=1562383903&s=lawn-garden&sr=1-4

Two buckets, two mits, upper and lower, then I use a low flow water stream to allow water to do the majority of the drying.

https://youtu.be/WAmb9DWdnFc

I then use a a leaf blower to get the water out of the trim, lights, side mirrors, etc, as much as I can. I then touch the paint as little as necessary to get the last bit of water off, using a high quality microfiber towel and sonus acrylic glanz, or some other detail mist, to keep the drying towel well lubricated.

Easy for me to say living in SoCal, with my ride spending only a couple hours a week at most outside of my garage.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
No rinse, waterless, BS, whatever, is going to add to micro marring of the paint.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
I then use a a leaf blower to get the water out of the trim, lights, side mirrors, etc, as much as I can. I then touch the paint as little as necessary to get the last bit of water off, using a high quality microfiber towel and sonus acrylic glanz, or some other detail mist, to keep the drying towel well lubricated.
This is my drying method, too. It helps that my Q60 was ceramic-coated when new. My EGO 530 cfm blower w/nozzle just pushes the water beads off the surface, chasing the water to an edge or seam. Whatever is left-over is wicked-up by a mf towel. I then drive the car to dry off the wheels & brakes.

Reactions: Fateswarning
1 - 20 of 25 Posts