1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
287 Posts
I didn't see any mention of power gains. Is there any info on that?

·
Premium Member
'17 SS
532 Posts
I didn't see any mention of power gains. Is there any info on that?
The Instagram caption:
"Spy shots from our AMS VR30DDTT engine development program. Our team has been hard at work for month and we're excited to show you what we hae in store for the platform soon!"

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
122 Posts
They should stop wasting time on this and figure out TCM tuning.

·
Registered
2017 Infiniti Q60 3.0t AWD
139 Posts
Couldn’t agree more with tcm. This car seriously needs 6 speed option along with dual clutch trans that went into GTR. It’s an excuse that luxury cars shouldn’t have sporty trans, ZF trans that goes into German lux cars shift 1000x better

·
Registered
2018 Q50S [RWD]
92 Posts
What the factory should have built.
Just watch Nissan throw a closed deck engine into the Fairlady Z (Z35)... I know, wishful thinking.

·
Premium Member
'17 SS
532 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Q50S [RWD]
92 Posts
That's what everyone is saying, yes
AMS themselves is saying it. Zoom in and you will see it at the bottom on the photo description "VR30DDTT 3.2L Closed Deck block"

Reactions: Batell

·
Premium Member
'17 SS
532 Posts
AMS themselves is saying it. Zoom in and you will see it at the bottom on the photo description "VR30DDTT 3.2L Closed Deck block"
Did not see that :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: jodedor

·
Registered
237 Posts
I think this block is built more or less for the Nissan 400Z. The way everyone is trying to develop this engine, the 400Z will most likely be upgraded to over 1000whp as soon as it launches. Nobody will buy the Supra if the 400z is priced right.

·
Registered
36 Posts
They should stop wasting time on this and figure out TCM tuning.
I dont think they want to
This is geared towards the new 400z coming out (merc 9 speed and 6 speed manual)
The jatco 7at trans has pretty much reached its limit and with a level 10 trans and ecutek tune u can reduce ur shift times significantly
but honestly thats about it

·
Premium Member
'17 SS
532 Posts
I dont think they want to
This is geared towards the new 400z coming out (merc 9 speed and 6 speed manual)
The jatco 7at trans has pretty much reached its limit and with a level 10 trans and ecutek tune u can reduce ur shift times significantly
but honestly thats about it
I'm wondering if their will be a swap available. I would go for it if it meant a faster and stronger transmission.

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
I'm wondering if their will be a swap available. I would go for it if it meant a faster and stronger transmission.
Have you broken a trans? Very few failures due to performance on the 2016+ version. A few manufacturer defects.

·
Premium Member
'17 SS
532 Posts
Have you broken a trans? Very few failures due to performance on the 2016+ version. A few manufacturer defects.
I've broken the 6MT(not the whole tranny, but had to upgrade flywheel and flex plate) in the G35, but not this 7AT in my Q50. Need to get tuned first and then I'll see how it holds up.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts