Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
I've broken the 6MT(not the whole tranny, but had to upgrade flywheel and flex plate) in the G35, but not this 7AT in my Q50. Need to get tuned first and then I'll see how it holds up.
That makes more sense. I would be shocked if you broke the 7AT without doing something extreme.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Good to see they're doing development work on the VR30 like this...boring it out and going closed deck. I'd like to see someone crack the TCM also. I wonder if they'll eventually do a 3.4L stroker kit after a bit.

·
Premium Member
18 RS Q50 RWD
113 Posts
I’m the dumb**** who waits for this multi year pre flexed stuff

·
Registered
2018 White Q50RS RWD
24 Posts
For current Q50RS owners...whats the benefit of waiting for this? Not immediately clear to me, given turbos are also a bottleneck, plus HEX, plus exhaust, plus stock tune

$-wise wouldn't an LS-V8 swap or VQ37 TT build be more cost efficient? Just assuming a full engine swap to 3.2 would not be the most $-conscious performance boost. Maybe some super-staged high performance build would benefit?

Its not even a full GTR conversion from a displacement perspective. Would love to hear more on significance to the platform

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
For current Q50RS owners...whats the benefit of waiting for this? Not immediately clear to me, given turbos are also a bottleneck, plus HEX, plus exhaust, plus stock tune

$-wise wouldn't an LS-V8 swap or VQ37 TT build be more cost efficient? Just assuming a full engine swap to 3.2 would not be the most $-conscious performance boost. Maybe some super-staged high performance build would benefit?

Its not even a full GTR conversion from a displacement perspective. Would love to hear more on significance to the platform
It's for those who want 1000+whp still in a VR30DDTT platform. $ wise an LS swap would be money and torque ahead, but not everyone wants to swap in an LS (coming from an LS owner :D ).

21 - 25 of 25 Posts