Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody,

So, like every one else, I received the recall notice in the mail recently and scheduled an appt. to get everything checked out. I figured I'd knock that stuff out and get an oil change at the same time.

I dropped the car off to the dealership on Feb. 19 for what should have been a six hour service, or so I was told...the car is still there.

Apparently, in the process of updating the computers, there was an error. Nobody can really tell me anything except that it has nothing to do with the DAS, but with the voice recognition software itself??

Either way, I've now been told that they need to order the complete top screen assembly, from Japan, which then goes to Denso for calibration and then comes to the States. I've been told that my car should be ready Friday, the 28th, at the latest, but I'm not holding my breath.

It should be noted that before I took the car in I had absolutely ZERO issues with the DAS and only occasionally would the Nav and Intouch system freeze. I'm also in Colorado where we've had some temps well below zero with no issues.

Ultimately, I'm confused, stressed about my car and just generally angry that these issues exist. I figured I'd post this stuff here for documentation in the event that someone has a similar situation.

I'll be out of the country this Friday, but I'll update this thread once I get back in town. Thanks for listening.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
there has been following updates and you should be glad they found the upper screen problem as there was an itb for the issue for on limited Q50s:
SB 2014 Q50; Display Control Unit (Upper Display) Replacement SERVICE INFORMATION If the Display Control Unit (DCU) needs to be replaced on an Applied Vehicle for any reason, follow the steps in the Service Procedure of this bulletin. See this bulletin for further detail.

CP 2014 Q50; DAST Replace, Reprogram, & Recalibrate w/AVM - Service Campaign Infiniti is conducting a Voluntary Service Campaign on certain specific Model Year 2014 Q50 Hybrid vehicles to replace and reprogram the Direct Adaptive Steering System (DAST) control modules, and recalibrate the DAST system.

Campaign ID # P4204 CP 2014 Q50; DAST Replace, Reprogram, & Recalibrate - Service Campaign Infiniti is conducting a Voluntary Service Campaign on certain specific Model Year 2014 Q50 Hybrid vehicles to replace and reprogram the Direct Adaptive Steering System (DAST) control modules, and recalibrate the DAST system.

Campaign ID # P4203 CP 2014 Q50; DAST Reprogram & Recalibrate - Service Campaign Infiniti is conducting a Voluntary Service Campaign on certain specific Model Year 2014 Q50 and Q50 Hybrid vehicles to reprogram and recalibrate the Direct Adaptive Steering (DAST).

Campaign ID # P4202 CP 2014 Q50; DAST Reprogram - Service Campaign Infiniti is conducting a Voluntary Service Campaign on certain specific Model Year 2014 Q50 and Q50 Hybrid vehicles to reprogram the Direct Adaptive Steering (DAST).

Campaign ID # P4201 CP 2014 Q50; Infiniti Intouch Software Update - Voluntary Service Campaign Infiniti is conducting this voluntary service campaign on certain 2014 Infiniti Q50 vehicles to update the Infiniti InTouch system software to the current production level. T

Campaign ID # P4206 CP 2014 Q50; Infiniti InTouch Software Update - Voluntary Service Campaign Infiniti is conducting this voluntary service campaign on certain 2014 Infiniti Q50 vehicles to update the Infiniti InTouch system software to the current production level.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Treehouse I had my upper screen replaced also because it causing glitches. Apparey that part was on back order and it took them 3 weeks to get tl it though it came sooner than expected.... hopefully that fixes the issue

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
17 Posts
Sorry to hear that Treehouse. I head in for the upgrade this Wednesday. Like you, I haven't had any issues since I got the car in September and have been hesitant to get the upgrade. But better to get this lurking problem resolved now.

Hope they at least gave you a decent loaner.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
I, too, was hesitant about having the updates done, since I had zero problems ever since the first update was done in September. However, the car hasn't had any problems since the updates(fingers crossed). From what people have said here, I wonder if the problem you(and others) have is because of lousy quality control at the supplier of the screens. Either that, or there is so much new technology involved, and some service departments aren't as proficient as they should be. Good luck, and I hope things are back to normal by the time they are finished with your car.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
I still haven't taken mine in for the the fix yet. I'm hesitant to take it in before something like this happens and they have my car for 2 weeks again.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I still haven't taken mine in for the the fix yet. I'm hesitant to take it in before something like this happens and they have my car for 2 weeks again.
I am so with you! I haven't taken mine in yet either, and I'm very hesitant to. I don't have ANY issues with my q50s, and the only issue I have ever had was when I first bought it my wheel locked up one morning when I turned it on (it was about 5 degrees out), but once I restarted I haven't had a single issue with it.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
I am so with you! I haven't taken mine in yet either, and I'm very hesitant to. I don't have ANY issues with my q50s, and the only issue I have ever had was when I first bought it my wheel locked up one morning when I turned it on (it was about 5 degrees out), but once I restarted I haven't had a single issue with it.
Funny you brought this up because I'm taking mine in tomorrow to have it done. Along with some other stuff including my remote starter setup. Hopefully everything will go smooth.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Funny you brought this up because I'm taking mine in tomorrow to have it done. Along with some other stuff including my remote starter setup. Hopefully everything will go smooth.
Who is doing the remote starter? The dealership? I asked about putting one in and they said there isn't one available for the q50, yet the SUV has one... I live in Colorado and we get a lot of snow here. I would love to have a remote starter.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Yeah .... I'll be updating the Viper Remote Start thread tomorrow or Friday, depending on when I get my car back, with all the details on it and a video of how it works.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I have Q50S gasser and I don't have any problem so far. I had my first oil change already and the build date is June but so far I got no issue other than when my friend's samsung note is charging in the car and start the engine. The top screen and the navigation crash and won't boot up anymore. However, unplugging the phone and restarting the engine resolved the problem. Plugging the phone after the system is up is not causing the problem. I have documented this with Infiniti.

Would you be able to elaborate on the top screen issue? Why they decided it is a defect? How did they find it? Is there part number specifically?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.