Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I'm new to the performance side of the car scene I have a 2018 q50 3.0t and recently visited a shop to get dyno tuned he uses hp tuners software and when he plugged into my ecu it wasn't able to pick up my car it said unknown so he did not want to read my ecu and potentially lock me out of my car. He stated to get an uprev or jb4 and come back to be put on the dyno I was wondering if you guys have any suggestions towards wich one to get.

·
Registered
2017 infiniti Q50 AWD
1,673 Posts
ecutek if you want a real custom tune or JB4 if you just want a glorified boost controller.

Reactions: SkylineDreamz

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have HP tuners, had JB4. HP tuners would probably work if he updated his software, but may take awhile to build a decent map if they dont know their way around the tables. JB4 gave me a good top end boost, but car wouldnt launch.

·
Super Moderator
3,655 Posts
Hi guys I'm new to the performance side of the car scene I have a 2018 q50 3.0t and recently visited a shop to get dyno tuned he uses hp tuners software and when he plugged into my ecu it wasn't able to pick up my car it said unknown so he did not want to read my ecu and potentially lock me out of my car. He stated to get an Uprev or jb4 and come back to be put on the dyno I was wondering if you guys have any suggestions towards which one to get.
I would contact one of the established tuners on this forum.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have HP tuners, had JB4. HP tuners would probably work if he updated his software, but may take awhile to build a decent map if they dont know their way around the tables. JB4 gave me a good top end boost, but car wouldnt launch.
Software is up to date I was reading on hp forums people having the same issue and someone from hp commented back saying send a support ticket and they will make a definition for the car idk what that means but I am going to ask if there's any updates because that was in 2019

·
Registered
2017 Q50S
401 Posts
Basically it's the first time they have seen your ecu strategy or whatever they call it in the Infiniti world. They need to add it so it can be supported. My dealer flashed my 2017 in February and when I went to get tuned I had to wait an extra day because it was the first time ecutek had seen that flash.

Hptuners isn't as common on the Qs so there is a chance they dont have them all added. Shouldn't be a big deal for them to add support.
Software is up to date I was reading on hp forums people having the same issue and someone from hp commented back saying send a support ticket and they will make a definition for the car idk what that means but I am going to ask if there's any updates because that was in 2019

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Basically it's the first time they have seen your ecu strategy or whatever they call it in the Infiniti world. They need to add it so it can be supported. My dealer flashed my 2017 in February and when I went to get tuned I had to wait an extra day because it was the first time ecutek had seen that flash.

Hptuners isn't as common on the Qs so there is a chance they dont have them all added. Shouldn't be a big deal for them to add support.
Oh I kinda understand so should I just contact them and see if they can add support

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.