Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any other owners have a problem with the Front Door Touch Unlock Sensor?

Sensor on my handle quit working over this past weekend and service department at dealership has check all setting and also has been on the phone with tech support for 2 days but still no solution.

Sorry if posted in wrong forum

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Ive had no problem so far. I noticed that mine worked better when i put my finger behind where the button is on the inside of the handle as opposed to the other end of the handle.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Does it work on the passenger side? Does the push button on the handle work?

Where is your key when you try? If it is in the hand touching the handle, this often won't work.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does it work on the passenger side? Does the push button on the handle work?

Where is your key when you try? If it is in the hand touching the handle, this often won't work.
Does not work on passenger side either. The button on door handle only unlocks car when the "touch sensitive door sensor" setting is turned off.

Key is in my pocket but I'm sure I tried it with key in my handle not know that I should not. Think that may have triggers something which may have messed with the sensor?

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
I noticed with the touch sensor feature turned on, sometimes when I go to open the door and I press the button it will continuously lock the car and wouldn't open it, Id have to use the key button to unlock it. Anyone else experience that? It happened yesterday when I tried to open the door for my gf on the passenger side after dinner. (Trying to be a little chivalrous)

·
Registered
276 Posts
I noticed with the touch sensor feature turned on, sometimes when I go to open the door and I press the button it will continuously lock the car and wouldn't open it, Id have to use the key button to unlock it. Anyone else experience that? It happened yesterday when I tried to open the door for my gf on the passenger side after dinner. (Trying to be a little chivalrous)
Not sure if this is it, but you have to wait two seconds after a lock to try another unlock.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Exactly what mine is doing.

Service manager at my dealership is telling me that the door handle button does unlock car when the "touch sensitive door sensor" setting is turned off. I haven't been back to witness this yet. But is still doesn't solve the problem with the door sensor not operation properly, or even at all for that matter.

Did your handle sensor work properly initially?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Does not work on passenger side either. The button on door handle only unlocks car when the "touch sensitive door sensor" setting is turned off.

Key is in my pocket but I'm sure I tried it with key in my handle not know that I should not. Think that may have triggers something which may have messed with the sensor?
Since both sides aren't working, it is unlikely that the problem is with the sensor as both sides would have had to fail at the same time.

While holding the key in the hand operating the handle may cause the car not to properly unlock, it wouldn't cause a failure/damage to the sensor.

The most obvious thing to check is that the setting is enabled in InTouch. Maybe someone with a car can direct you to the setting.

Last step would be to follow the diagnostic procedures on page DLK-80 of the service manual (DLK is the door lock manual). There are procedures to validate the DTC, BCM, sensors, cabling etc. It involves them hooking up CONSULT, running some diagnostics, disconnecting some cables and checking voltage levels, continuity, and ground.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Since both sides aren't working, it is unlikely that the problem is with the sensor as both sides would have had to fail at the same time.

While holding the key in the hand operating the handle may cause the car not to properly unlock, it wouldn't cause a failure/damage to the sensor.

The most obvious thing to check is that the setting is enabled in InTouch. Maybe someone with a car can direct you to the setting.

Last step would be to follow the diagnostic procedures on page DLK-80 of the service manual (DLK is the door lock manual). There are procedures to validate the DTC, BCM, sensors, cabling etc. It involves them hooking up CONSULT, running some diagnostics, disconnecting some cables and checking voltage levels, continuity, and ground.
Thanks GH,

I have check all the intouch settings as has the service department. I will however confirm that they have ran the "procedures to validate the DTC, BCM, sensors, cabling etc."

Today is the 3rd day my car has been at the dealership and they tell me that they are on the phone with tech support and the engineers.

Hope they figure it out.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Exactly what mine is doing.

Service manager at my dealership is telling me that the door handle button does unlock car when the "touch sensitive door sensor" setting is turned off. I haven't been back to witness this yet. But is still doesn't solve the problem with the door sensor not operation properly, or even at all for that matter.

Did your handle sensor work properly initially?
Yeah my handle sensor worked from day one.

·
Registered
225 Posts
This happened to me in the rain the other day. My wife was pretty ticked off to say the least.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
This happened to me in the rain the other day. My wife was pretty ticked off to say the least.
My gf just laughed as I tried to get the door unlocked in frustration.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Update - Just got my car back from dealership. They can not say why handle sensor quit working but after running diagnostics, they got it back operating by disconnecting battery for 40 minutes then reconnecting it. I didn't question as to why he specified 40 minutes.

Helpful information - when door handle sensor is turned on, simply pushing the button on door handle will not unlock car. You must unlock it via the door handle sensor. Also, once you hear handle unlock from the sensor you can unlock all doors by pushing button as you pull handle. Be sure not to push button simultaneously. Rather, do it after you hear the unlock sound on your door. Works on driver and passenger door.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Update - Just got my car back from dealership. They can not say why handle sensor quit working but after running diagnostics, they got it back operating by disconnecting battery for 40 minutes then reconnecting it. I didn't question as to why he specified 40 minutes.
most likely he left it and did something else and 40 minutes had elapsed

·
Registered
3,052 Posts

Helpful information - when door handle sensor is turned on, simply pushing the button on door handle will not unlock car. You must unlock it via the door handle sensor. Also, once you hear handle unlock from the sensor you can unlock all doors by pushing button as you pull handle. Be sure not to push button simultaneously. Rather, do it after you hear the unlock sound on your door. Works on driver and passenger door.
Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
66 Posts
You can also set it to unlock all doors at once. I've done so and all doors unlock immediately upon the door handle sensor being activated. This setting can be found on the InTouch display under Settings -> Vehicle -> Selective Door Unlock

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Any other owners have a problem with the Front Door Touch Unlock Sensor?

Sensor on my handle quit working over this past weekend and service department at dealership has check all setting and also has been on the phone with tech support for 2 days but still no solution.

Sorry if posted in wrong forum
Definitely happened to me yesterday when I was out in and about in a Q50S Hybrid. Repeatedly could not get the door to unlock with the one-touch handle sensor; had to resort to the old-fashioned "unlock" button on the iKey. It was not related to any settings either, because it actually worked a short while later when I grabbed the door handle; in other words, it worked intermittently. I didn't think much of it after I returned the car, but it was frustrating.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have the exact same issue with both front door unlock touch sensors.
Everything was fine and since yesterday it stopped working.

However, trunk release works just fine.

I called them up and they said the reason maybe that they did not turn TCU on.
I also noticed that my rear right window does not close/open automatically. I have to hold the button.

I'm gonna tell what happens after the service.

·
Registered
324 Posts
IS this TSB applicable??

Subject: SB 2014 Q50; One-Touch Door Unlock Sensor Inoperative
Summary of ITB13038: IF YOU COFIRM The driver and front passenger doors will not unlock using the one-touch door unlock sensor, AND the Intelligent Key is within operating range, AND the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the Intelligent Key operate, AND the Touch Sensitive Door Sensor feature is set to ON. See page 2 for information about how to check the status of the Touch Sensitive Door Sensor setting. ACTION Disconnect the negative cable from the vehicle battery, wait 10 minutes, then reconnect. See this bulletin for further detail.

Reactions: snks

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have the exact same issue with both front door unlock touch sensors.
Everything was fine and since yesterday it stopped working.

However, trunk release works just fine.

I called them up and they said the reason maybe that they did not turn TCU on.
I also noticed that my rear right window does not close/open automatically. I have to hold the button.

I'm gonna tell what happens after the service.
Usually keeping the window button in the closing position few second when the window is closed will reprogram it

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.