Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im really lost and looking for answers please help. I got the two DTC codes on the 17th and once cleared they didn’t come back until the 22nd. I drive the car daily. The car slowly goes through RPMs at about 3500-4500 and stays very slow, Car bogs hard too like no boost. Looking for any help on what I should do.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Looks to me like the o2 sensors in the primary cats are having an issue. Check your connections, make sure they’re not corroded and not loose. If the problem persists, you probably need new o2 sensors. Both of them at the same time seems odd, but maybe the flex fuel has something to do with it?

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
16,275 Posts
Looks to me like the o2 sensors in the primary cats are having an issue. Check your connections, make sure they’re not corroded and not loose. If the problem persists, you probably need new o2 sensors. Both of them at the same time seems odd, but maybe the flex fuel has something to do with it?
I think that both bank's A/F sensors supposedly going bad at the same time is unusual but being tuned and running ethanol may be contributing to the problem. Have you talked to Racebox about this? I doubt it's a wiring/connector issue if it's happening on both banks. Other possible causes can be exhaust leaks or even defective cats.

Reactions: SkylineDreamz

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think that both bank's A/F sensors supposedly going bad at the same time is unusual but being tuned and running ethanol may be contributing to the problem. Have you talked to Racebox about this? I doubt it's a wiring/connector issue if it's happening on both banks. Other possible causes can be exhaust leaks or even defective cats.
Alex from racebox read my log today & spotted a fuel cut. And in other logs after the DTC’s came up & I cleared them, the car was running perfectly how it should according to them. I’m currently on 93 only as well right now just dialing that in first.

From what I notice, it only happens once after I flash a tune & doesnt come back after I clear the codes. Has happened with my last 2 flashes. Car has probably spent a total of 5 minutes with the DTC’s on for that reason & I drive it 10-20 miles a day.

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
16,275 Posts
Alex from racebox read my log today & spotted a fuel cut. And in other logs after the DTC’s came up & I cleared them, the car was running perfectly how it should according to them. I’m currently on 93 only as well right now just dialing that in first.

From what I notice, it only happens once after I flash a tune & doesnt come back after I clear the codes. Has happened with my last 2 flashes. Car has probably spent a total of 5 minutes with the DTC’s on for that reason & I drive it 10-20 miles a day.
Is this something that Racebox can address or are they washing their hands of it?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is this something that Racebox can address or are they washing their hands of it?
They don’t know why I’m getting 02 codes since AFR’s are reading correctly. And both going out at the same exact time doesn’t make much sense either. I don’t have much of an idea myself. I have a revision so I’ll run logs for the car tonight and see how it feels. I’ll report back with results 🫡

Reactions: Avedis53

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They don’t know why I’m getting 02 codes since AFR’s are reading correctly. And both going out at the same exact time doesn’t make much sense either. I don’t have much of an idea myself. I have a revision so I’ll run logs for the car tonight and see how it feels. I’ll report back with results 🫡
Just an update; flashed V4 on my car before even starting it up. Cars running great and doesn’t have any similar issues to before. Pulls hard and even got a launch in. No DTC’s to end the night :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts