Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A U.S. senator has asked twenty automobile manufacturers how each plans to stave off wireless hacking attempts on the computer systems of the vehicle they manufacture, and also how they protect driver privacy. The questions by Senator Ed Markey (D-Massachusetts) indicate that he will demand that carmakers apply computer-industry security processes, including implementation of anti-virus software, incident logging, incident-response planning, software vulnerability patching, and third-party penetration testing -- the last of which would stage real hacker attacks on mass-production vehicles.
You think InTouch is unresponsive now, just wait until we throw some anti-virus software on there...

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
encryption will not cause any performance issue but anti virus on the other hand is going to. Encryption should be good enough.

Anyway, if someone actually really wants to hack in, nothing in the world could prevent it. It is just delaying them.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Sounds good, but whenever politicians get involved it's always screwed up. Sounds to me that it's a show to pretend they care about privacy/security.

Presently, any hacker, Infiniti, the Feds, NSA, local/state police can: stop our cars at will; turn the steering wheel; lock/unlock the doors; read or gps settings; and stuff I can't even imagine. Why would they want to keep hackers out? So only they have a monopoly?

We have already set sail on the SS Brave New World. Just like the genie that left the bottle, the ship isn't sailing back.

Reactions: pete

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Democrats: Senator Ed Markey (D-Massachusetts)=Big Government=Big Brother,
InTouch=Obamacare.
Do you really think this is appropriate for a forum on automobiles?

I suggest you take this to a political site where it belongs.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Although I agree this doesn't belong here due to its nature I do see why the comment and it has some validity behind it. Lol

But yeah, no political discussions please

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.