Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you noticed that when you are pulling out of a parking lot onto a main road...if you floor it while you are pulling out and making a right turn the car will start convulsing. I assume this is normal operation of the vdc system and it just doesn't like that much power to the rear wheels when your front wheels are not straight. Kind of frustrating because if I pull out I know I have enough power to get up and go if someone is coming, but the car will freak out.

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
That behavior must be isolated to the RWD models because I have not experienced it. What I do get is a moment's hesitation from the hybrid system getting the gas engine running again when I do make a move like you describe. I spend most of my time in the Standard drive mode. I have to see if it does the same thing in Sport mode.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
maybe its a hybrid thing, im 100% sure if you did that in a gasser you better be prepared to counter steer, because i did that on my test drive. T/C off obviously, although im not sure if you could get wheel spin if you tried with T/C on.

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
maybe its a hybrid thing, im 100% sure if you did that in a gasser you better be prepared to counter steer, because i did that on my test drive. T/C off obviously, although im not sure if you could get wheel spin if you tried with T/C on.
I have experienced it a couple of times in my non-hybrid RWD. I always have the drivers aids on and when I turn right out of Starbucks to beat the constant traffic, it has a second stall and I lose my drivers aids until I turn off and back on.

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
I have experienced it a couple of times in my non-hybrid RWD. I always have the drivers aids on and when I turn right out of Starbucks to beat the constant traffic, it has a second stall and I lose my drivers aids until I turn off and back on.
When I had my overnight test drive, I got committed to the fact that it's much easier (and perhaps safer) to simply deactivate the tech assists by pushing the button on the steering wheel before making a rapid acceleration & pass through a tight weave on the highway; otherwise, the FCI/ALC will engage the brake assist and make for a dangerous lane change attempt. This same scenario applies when making a rapid attempt to turn onto another road as you described, iChick. Then, after being set in a lane & following the flow of traffic, I would re-engage the tech assists. I've thought abt whether or not this would annoy me over the course of my Q50 ownership, but it's actually not very difficult to get used to, and I do not regret sticking with the Tech package.

Reactions: Red Corima

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
These thread titles...

so misleading..
I was waiting for someone to say that. Haha.

When I had my overnight test drive, I got committed to the fact that it's much easier (and perhaps safer) to simply deactivate the tech assists by pushing the button on the steering wheel before making a rapid acceleration & pass through a tight weave on the highway; otherwise, the FCI/ALC will engage the brake assist and make for a dangerous lane change attempt. This same scenario applies when making a rapid attempt to turn onto another road as you described, iChick. Then, after being set in a lane & following the flow of traffic, I would re-engage the tech assists. I've thought abt whether or not this would annoy me over the course of my Q50 ownership, but it's actually not very difficult to get used to, and I do not regret sticking with the Tech package.
Yes I've learned before I do a quick pass I turn the tech off otherwise my car will slam on the brakes because I'm getting too close to someone in front of me

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.