Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
21 Q50 Red Sport
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very stoked for this upgrade! I purchased the DPs from AMS today and have an appointment scheduled in Jan with them for the install + tune! Going to be an adventure considering AMS is ~14 hours away (900 miles one way).

My wife asked me today if I was crazy, I responded with “crazy in love” 😂

·
Registered
554 Posts
Nice! Where abouts are you driving from? That's a decent hike. Can't wait to see your impressions of them once they're on the car. I've been looking for full catted downpipes but not sure if I want to go with AAM since the upper part is cast steel or Z1's full catted DP's. Last I checked, Z1 didn't even have them listed on their website.

Reactions: Q50Wolf

·
Premium Member
21 Q50 Red Sport
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice! Where abouts are you driving from? That's a decent hike. Can't wait to see your impressions of them once they're on the car. I've been looking for full catted downpipes but not sure if I want to go with AAM since the upper part is cast steel or Z1's full catted DP's. Last I checked, Z1 didn't even have them listed on their website.
Hey there - I live in Denver so it's definitely going to be a hike! I'll be happy to provide my thoughts once done, it's going to be nice to get back that secondary cat...the cold starts in the AM recently have been real stinky!

Reactions: twin_snails

·
Registered
554 Posts
Yeah, that's definitely a drive. Didn't realize it was that far from Denver. Does the AMS catted downpipes have two cats per side? I thought they were only one per side, at least that's how I understood. If they only have one cat per side, you might be stuck with the stinky cold starts. Different car but I had resonated high flow cats on my G37 and cold starts were pretty smelly, since I only had one cat per side.

·
Premium Member
21 Q50 Red Sport
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, that's definitely a drive. Didn't realize it was that far from Denver. Does the AMS catted downpipes have two cats per side? I thought they were only one per side, at least that's how I understood. If they only have one cat per side, you might be stuck with the stinky cold starts. Different car but I had resonated high flow cats on my G37 and cold starts were pretty smelly, since I only had one cat per side.
You are right sir I misspoke! Only one cat - haha the smell continues, at least the car will be breathing nicely

Reactions: twin_snails

·
Super Moderator
3,655 Posts
You are right sir I misspoke! Only one cat - haha the smell continues, at least the car will be breathing nicely
I've had the FI Catted DPs on for over three years. The smell only lasts as long as the (only) cat (in each bank) warms up, which is about 1-2 minutes. I typically start my Q and back out immediately from the garage, and then drive without using much boost until the engine has sufficiently warmed up.

In comparison, the Fedex Ground (diesel) truck that makes the rounds in my neighborhood almost every day stinks (and emits) way more (emissions) than my Q during the initial cold start...

·
Premium Member
21 Q50 Red Sport
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
UPDATE - well I also pulled the trigger on AMS’ fuel upgrade package (LPFP, RA405, Injectors, Flex, Filter, and sensor) with the Pure turbos too. I know this sounds ridiculous for a daily driver but I’m fired up! Due to how long they’ll need my car my appointment has been pushed to mid February so my lack of patience will be tested to the max!

From the members with experience, is it worth getting the Z1 motor mounts?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Also front LSD since the engine will be out, especially for AWD.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts