Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 Q50 RWD Premium
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pure Turbos has set a personal new record for lead time - Ordered on 08/20 and arrived 10/17 - narrowly increasing the lead time record set for my FI CBE by just over a week. Time to line up the swap out... Jotech Motorsports have been my guys for part installs but they are swamped. We'll see if my Infiniti Service Tech has some time available this week to get the turbos swapped, new Z1 urethane engine mounts (thanks EngineeredQ50 for the consult), and a new set of OEM spark plugs (just because he has the engine dropped and why not.) My Specialty Z tune is what's on the car now - I have a base AMS tune file on hand (one that Dan M was starting to work with me on before my passenger side "new" turbo started to whine.)

Stay tuned - the next couple of weeks should be interesting...

·
Registered
782 Posts
Good times!

·
Registered
21 Posts
You're gonna love em dude, pair that with an ra405 or fx180 and you'll be flying

·
Premium Member
2017 Q50 RWD Premium
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Seb @ Specialty Z has a new RR4.1 file for me to update with - turbos, mounts, and spark plugs are installed. Time to turn off the WMI and run some straight 93 pump fuel to see where we are at. Let the log collections begin...

Reactions: BigHeadClan

·
Premium Member
2017 Q50 RWD Premium
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's always fun to pick up a car from the service lane and grab your laptop to flash it before driving off. I must say, my Infiniti Dealership is definitely a really cool bunch of folks. Even the cashier was nice (well she was trying her best to be as I just dropped @ $2,500 in labor with this visit.) Took the car out for a 20 min highway drive with a few "passing" events and things feel good. Seb has Map 1 setup with a boost around 1.1 bar I believe. Running pump 93 with the JB4/WMI turned off. Grabbed logs from that highway run as well as a longer around town drive back home. Today we will see how some 1 gear pulls and 3-4 gear pulls feel and send those logs up to Seb.

Note: At idle - I can definitely sense / feel the engine a bit more with the Z1 motor mounts. Kind of reminds me of the feel my old 1986 Mustang GT had (not going to lie - I like the ever so slight increase in engine "feel" - the best way I can describe it is a bit more rumble in the seat.)

Reactions: EngineeredQ50

·
Registered
1,756 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 Q50 RWD Premium
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Stock Injectors - original set failed spectacularly and were swapped out with new fuel rails by Infiniti < 10k miles ago (less than a week after I had the RA338 HPFP installed...)

·
Registered
2017 Infiniti Q60 Red Sport
68 Posts
What did you get done at the dealership? When your injector(s) failed, how many?

·
Premium Member
2017 Q50 RWD Premium
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had my Infiniti Service Tech do the Pure Stage2 Turbo install along with Z1 motor mounts and a new set of OEM spark plugs.

A while back - I pulled into their service drive with billowing white vapor (gas) coming out of both tailpipes. Turned out to be two stuck open injectors and the other 4 were leaking. They swapped out the fuel rails and injectors per the TSB.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts