Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
CURRENT LOOK

Need your opinion fellas and gurls before I pull the trigger, wife doesn't help. I'm getting the top wrapped tomorrow with glossy black.

I want to get some miles on the RFTs before I buy rims and tires so in the meantime I was thinking of painting the stock rims or should I leave it alone.

Q ball OR

8 ball

·
Registered
96 Posts
If you are getting rims just leave them alone. Might want to trade or sell the car in the future. Plus, better market for the stock rims if you choose to sell them as well.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Yea! IMO leave it alone so if u want to sell later then it will be of much better value! Lesson learned on my end! I still have my time attack painted 03 G35 Stock wheels! Haha!

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
might as well leave it alone, even plastidip would be a waste of money if you're just going to get aftermarket wheels anyways, everyone looks ugly in the winter dw ;)

is the car already lowred on bc racing coilovers? or is that photoshop..i cant tell with your work anymore everything looks so real :confused:

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
I wouldn't paint the wheels. Sell them to someone who wants to put snow tires on them.

·
Registered
194 Posts
man im loving that wrap, looks super good on the white Q50, why did you decide to go with matte? I personally wrapped my top in gloss black, and my side mirrors in matte black

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
man im loving that wrap, looks super good on the white Q50, why did you decide to go with matte? I personally wrapped my top in gloss black, and my side mirrors in matte black
That's photo shopped matte, I'm getting the gloss.

The thing with the gloss though is the dust showing up easily. If it didn't have a sunroof, I would probably go with a matte.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I say just be patient and save up for some nice new rims. If you do want black rims than save up to spend money on good ones or painting them properly instead of plasti dipping them. The plasti-dip will come off easily if you are using it on your rims.

·
Registered
75 Posts
When you get your roof done, ask for the scraps and cover just the grey center spokes. I'm planning on doing mine just been too busy. I did cover my acura with a brushed aluminum look vinyl and it made a big temperature difference in the summertime.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Wrapping the roof as we speak, it looks amazing and Paul from grafikIMPACT is not even done with it. I'll post more photos after a nice wash tomorrow.

This wrap is extremely glossy, looks like one giant panoramic glass roof.

looks good! any pictures of the side mirrors wrapped? Have you considered wrapping the chrome trim around the doors?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Looks good man, yea I have my mirrors wrapped, I suggest painting them if you want them black.

·
Registered
110 Posts
That's just clean. I like it a lot. I kinda want to copy you. lol

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.