Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I did a bumper change on my Q50 2014 and I honestly didn’t think anything of it but now, I have every sensor/alert light on my dash and total of 3 messages.
Seems as if there was a shortage is something idk.

I did see a previous post that it might be the battery but I’m running an optima battery and it’s fully charged to specs (holding enough v and amps) but now I’m stuck with this.

Is there any suggestion to how can I fix this before I end up taking it to the dealer and getting ripped off!

please help!!

Attachments

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
17,100 Posts
So I did a bumper change on my Q50 2014 and I honestly didn’t think anything of it but now, I have every sensor/alert light on my dash and total of 3 messages.
Seems as if there was a shortage is something idk.

I did see a previous post that it might be the battery but I’m running an optima battery and it’s fully charged to specs (holding enough v and amps) but now I’m stuck with this.

Is there any suggestion to how can I fix this before I end up taking it to the dealer and getting ripped off!

please help!!
Scan the car for DTCs and post them up here.

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
6,514 Posts
I'm not sure how paying a business to diagnose or fix something you don't have the expertise to handle or figure out on your own automatically equates to being "ripped off".

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
17,100 Posts
With all those warning lights, I'm shocked there are no DTCs. Do the warnings clear temporarily after an ignition cycle and then reappear?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm not sure how paying a business to diagnose or fix something you don't have the expertise to handle or figure out on your own automatically equates to being "ripped off".
I don’t mind paying for service knowing that they are in it to help the customer.
I am not okay with the idea of them thinking all these lights on we can charge him whatever to make some money.
that’s the difference. Believe me, it ain’t about the money. Is about if I’m going to get charged, charge me for great service and care for my car not overcharge for something that was maybe a faulty relay, etc.

·
Registered
76 Posts
With all those warning lights, I'm shocked there are no DTCs. Do the warnings clear temporarily after an ignition cycle and then reappear?
The check engine light only comes on for emission related items.

If you scan the car with a cheap ELM327 and OBDFusion with the $14 enhanced diag add-on, you will scan ALL the modules on the car for codes.

This is your cheapest next option.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

If you scan the car with a cheap ELM327 and OBDFusion with the $14 enhanced diag add-on, you will scan ALL the modules on the car for codes.

You think AutoZone or oreilly might be able to scan it and tell me?

I would actually buy all those for any future diagnose specially on Infiniti lol

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
17,100 Posts

I know what a MIL is, but the OP's car isn't displaying one. Not sure what point you're trying to get across.

You think AutoZone or oreilly might be able to scan it and tell me?

I would actually buy all those for any future diagnose specially on Infiniti lol
Go to AutoZone and have them scan the car for free. I think you'll find DTCs. Which bumper did you replace? Most of those warnings are likely due to issues with the radar sensors. There's also ABS and VDC warning lights which could mean a problem with the ABS actuator and electric control unit. I'm assuming your parking brake was set in those photos? I see a low tire pressure warning and a power steering light also.

Need some DTCs to narrow that mess down.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Agreed lol. I'm not a fan of dealers myself, but taking it to the people who work on your car daily likely would have gotten you an answer by now, and maybe even had the problem fixed or in the process of being fixed, or at least told you a part to order.

Unrelated, it always amazes me how low people let their gas get.

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
17,100 Posts
Assuming he doesn't have AAA he's paying a decent bit for a tow truck to come get him and bring him to AutoZone and if AutoZone can't diagnose it might end up costing more to have the guy come back again to bring him to the dealer.
I don't see that the OP said the car is not drivable.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I don't see that the OP said the car is not drivable.
The ending of title mentions he's unable to drive it, I'm not sure if that means "unable to drive without warning lights" or "the car doesn't move" since the engine seemingly turns on, but figured it was worth mentioning if he's getting towed it may be quicker to just haul it to the dealer and let them fix it.

·
Registered
2014 Q50 Sport Deluxe technology pkg takeda stage 2 intake custom axel-back 3inch resonated exhaust
772 Posts
Hmm,,well sometimes you gotta suck it up and expose yourself to getting ripped,,many times a person girls themselves for a good solid ripping",and a hero tech emerges and says-it was just a fuse!",,hopefully it's simple low cost fix--and put some gas in your car man-good luck 👍

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
How do you know your battery is okay? How was it tested to confirm it's okay?

If you do go to AutoZone or O'Reilly to scan for DTC's also ask them to test your battery with a proper load tester.

·
Registered
2014 Q50 Sport Deluxe technology pkg takeda stage 2 intake custom axel-back 3inch resonated exhaust
772 Posts
Definitely/just replaced my 6 yr old,,car does crazy stuff when battery needs replacement)

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
17,100 Posts
The ending of title mentions he's unable to drive it, I'm not sure if that means "unable to drive without warning lights" or "the car doesn't move" since the engine seemingly turns on, but figured it was worth mentioning if he's getting towed it may be quicker to just haul it to the dealer and let them fix it.
Agreed but the OP asked if AutoZone or O'Reily could scan the car and I assumed he could drive it there.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Agreed lol. I'm not a fan of dealers myself, but taking it to the people who work on your car daily likely would have gotten you an answer by now, and maybe even had the problem fixed or in the process of being fixed, or at least told you a part to order.

Unrelated, it always amazes me how low people let their gas get.
Here’s a fact that’s true about the dealers though. If you know your car in and out really well including mechanically and everything else then they will think twice before saying anything out of the ordinary and trying to rip you off. For example my Nissan Murano had issues and they said it’s the transmission that’s failing thats having all these codes related fuel and air ratio coming up and the maf. They said 6,000 dollars for a transmmission that was just recently replaced under warranty 50,000 miles ago. Turns out it was the MAF sensor harness that was bad and after replacing it was all good.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts