Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Q50 Sport Deluxe technology pkg takeda stage 2 intake custom axel-back 3inch resonated exhaust
782 Posts
Almost like the jungle where lions look for old or young prey,,,not looking for a big battle or resistance just like to cull the herd of the weak..

·
Registered
2014 Q50 Sport Deluxe technology pkg takeda stage 2 intake custom axel-back 3inch resonated exhaust
782 Posts
People suck)

·
Registered
231 Posts
Here’s a fact that’s true about the dealers though. If you know your car in and out really well including mechanically and everything else then they will think twice before saying anything out of the ordinary and trying to rip you off. For example my Nissan Murano had issues and they said it’s the transmission that’s failing thats having all these codes related fuel and air ratio coming up and the maf. They said 6,000 dollars for a transmmission that was just recently replaced under warranty 50,000 miles ago. Turns out it was the MAF sensor harness that was bad and after replacing it was all good.
LOL, when my chargers door panels were falling off, I went there and they quoted me $950 a door+ labor and I showed the service manager I could buy oem panels for half that and have them installed. Ended up supergluing the panels down and selling the car a few weeks later though.

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
6,535 Posts
Reactions: Brianq50sport

·
Registered
782 Posts
Ask Jesus christ

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Agreed lol. I'm not a fan of dealers myself, but taking it to the people who work on your car daily likely would have gotten you an answer by now, and maybe even had the problem fixed or in the process of being fixed, or at least told you a part to order.

Unrelated, it always amazes me how low people let their gas get.
Yea I’m really running out of options… so the dealer might be the last choice and hope for the best..

hahahaha my car has been sitting for 3 weeks like this and a lot of turning on/off that eventually I wasted all the gas lmao!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Here’s a fact that’s true about the dealers though. If you know your car in and out really well including mechanically and everything else then they will think twice before saying anything out of the ordinary and trying to rip you off. For example my Nissan Murano had issues and they said it’s the transmission that’s failing thats having all these codes related fuel and air ratio coming up and the maf. They said 6,000 dollars for a transmmission that was just recently replaced under warranty 50,000 miles ago. Turns out it was the MAF sensor harness that was bad and after replacing it was all good.
This is exactly what I want to avoid. I want to say I’m about 70% we’ll familiar with my car it’s just electrical it’s a different ball game so they CAN get me on that..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Hmm,,well sometimes you gotta suck it up and expose yourself to getting ripped,,many times a person girls themselves for a good solid ripping",and a hero tech emerges and says-it was just a fuse!",,hopefully it's simple low cost fix--and put some gas in your car man-good luck 👍
The only part that sucks, is there is NO damn appointment until a month from now. I’ve called about 3 local dealers. But I guess waiting is now the only solution
Haha my car has been sitting for a while my dude.. and eventually wasted the gas trying different troubleshoots lol!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
The ending of title mentions he's unable to drive it, I'm not sure if that means "unable to drive without warning lights" or "the car doesn't move" since the engine seemingly turns on, but figured it was worth mentioning if he's getting towed it may be quicker to just haul it to the dealer and let them fix it.
I wasn’t able to drive it at all. It starts now and I am able to drive it but the steering wheels is so damn stiff it’s ridiculous! I risked going to a gas station 3 blocks away to pump gas and it’s a challenge to drive it. Is like driving a car with no steering fluid AT ALL!

·
Registered
499 Posts
LOL, when my chargers door panels were falling off, I went there and they quoted me $950 a door+ labor and I showed the service manager I could buy oem panels for half that and have them installed. Ended up supergluing the panels down and selling the car a few weeks later though.
Great call bro I’m selling the car because you never know what else could’ve came up after the door panels.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
My point is that a good scan tool will retrieve the trouble codes from all modules, not just the ECU.
MIL = check engine = emissions related items and any cheap OBD scanner can read those.
Your right!
got the codes from AutoZone and took it to an electrical shop and they were able to obtain the issue.
ABS Module crapped out so that needs to get replaced.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Your right!
got the codes from AutoZone and took it to an electrical shop and they were able to obtain the issue.
ABS Module crapped out so that needs to get replaced.
An "electrical shop"???

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
6,535 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: JD305

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Nah. Circuit city.
Seriously, I'm wondering what your message meant. You took it to an electrical shop? Very curious who you are working with since you are accepting their diagnosis that your ABS module needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Seriously, I'm wondering what your message meant. You took it to an electrical shop? Very curious who you are working with since you are accepting their diagnosis that your ABS module needs to be replaced.
It’s a shop that specializes on electrical issues for vehicles and they’ve stated there was not connection to the ABS so it might be shot. They recommended take it to Infiniti Dealer and do a deep diagnose before he charges me what amount cus I was looking over $1,700 just on part (aside the labor). So pretty cool they suggested instead of just having me a part that pricey.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts