Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Probably should have went to the dealer in the first place to get the issue diagnosed if you weren't able to do so on your own. In the end you'll end up back at the dealer anyway. Hopefully you didn't spend too much money on the visit to the electrical shop.

Reactions: Pillboy

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
So even Infiniti dealer can’t seem to know what’s the cause for this. They are trying to state it on some custom LED that’s powered directly to the battery (currently unplugged from the battery because I want to get a relay to not drain my battery). They’ve kept my car since 11am and I got a hold of them at 5:30pmish to find out any updates and they are keeping my car until tomorrow to continue diagnosing it. They state, and I quote, “we have never seen these many lights on a dash at the same time. This is the first for this issue but might have to remove all the aftermarket wiring (referring to the LED) and back to stock to find out”… 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️
what’s funny is that, it’s only added LED. No oem headlight, cables, wires, connectors were touched. All lighting is in it’s placed as the car is suppose to, it was literally a replacement of bumper and changes burned out fog light (driver side).
losing faith really fast at this point…

·
Registered
44 Posts
Here's a silly question... Since you just changed the bumper, did you plug all of your distance sensors? Looks like the main warning light in the middle is showing that and it's a possibility that some of the others can be tripped by them being disconnected or damaged. That's where I would start.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Done that. Infiniti states to repair the car it will cost $15,000.00 including labor. That is craaaaazy! BUT I asked them what’s the cause and their reply is “we don’t know” lmfaooo so what do you guys think of that one?

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Done that. Infiniti states to repair the car it will cost $15,000.00 including labor. That is craaaaazy! BUT I asked them what’s the cause and their reply is “we don’t know” lmfaooo so what do you guys think of that one?
Infiniti doesn't state that - the dealership you are going to is stating that. Just so I understand this clearly, you went to this dealership to diagnose your problem. They came back with a quote and a diagnosis of $15,000 and it stated we don't know what the problem is. And, you have that in a written summary from the diagnostic visit?

I suggest going to a different dealership and keep an open mind.

Reactions: mva and Avedis53

·
Registered
231 Posts
Strange they know its 15k but don't know what's wrong. I wouldn't work with them IMO. They shouldn't know the price without knowing the issue.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Infiniti doesn't state that - the dealership you are going to is stating that. Just so I understand this clearly, you went to this dealership to diagnose your problem. They came back with a quote and a diagnosis of $15,000 and it stated we don't know what the problem is. And, you have that in a written summary from the diagnostic visit?

I suggest going to a different dealership and keep an open mind.
1000% make sure you have that in writing, and I agree a different dealership is likely the best idea for now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Had the same problems, brought mine to a mechanic he couldn’t solve the issues. No choice brought it to the authorized dealer. They simply changed the battery in the rear and all issues resolved. When asked why so many warnings came on. Reply was battery caused these problems as they couldn’t function without it.

·
Registered
2014 Q50 Sport Deluxe technology pkg takeda stage 2 intake custom axel-back 3inch resonated exhaust
782 Posts
Always the battery behind crazy car troubles

·
Registered
50 Posts
So I did a bumper change on my Q50 2014 and I honestly didn’t think anything of it but now, I have every sensor/alert light on my dash and total of 3 messages.
Seems as if there was a shortage is something idk.

I did see a previous post that it might be the battery but I’m running an optima battery and it’s fully charged to specs (holding enough v and amps) but now I’m stuck with this.

Is there any suggestion to how can I fix this before I end up taking it to the dealer and getting ripped off!

please help!!
I have a 2017 q50 3.0t and i had a issue similar to you when i was messing with the front camera. i had the abs, chassis control, sonar light, key malfunction, and my speedometer wasn't working, steering was stiff, fan running at full speed, and mileage wouldn't add up, but the car was still running. i'm pretty sure you tried this already but for me it was the fuse to the abs system that got shorted out and once replaced it was good. the dealer wanted 10+hours labor to diagnose a blown fuse so id still keep trying

41 - 50 of 50 Posts