1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
3,695 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where the heck did all the other dyno posts go? Anyway here is my result of last weeks dyno sesh with seb at Specialty Z.

Mods are...

Z1 lower downpipes
Fast intentions cbe
Burger tuning heat exchanger
K&N drop in filters
Ecutek tune and bluetooth connect
View attachment 81097
Umm still there?

https://www.infinitiq50.org/forum/dynos-racing/124379-official-dyno-results-thread.html
Weired....i only see two topics under "dyno and racing "

Screenshot_20181127-175742_Chrome_1543370320382.jpg

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
It's under the sticky'd section you will see it on the full version.

·
Registered
179 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Where the heck did all the other dyno posts go? Anyway here is my result of last weeks dyno sesh with seb at Specialty Z.

Mods are...

Z1 lower downpipes
Fast intentions cbe
Burger tuning heat exchanger
K&N drop in filters
Ecutek tune and bluetooth connect
View attachment 81097
Added you to the official list.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Hey guys just had the Dyno testing for my RS, with 94 octane, the first two were really dissatisfied, we took the JB1 off and did much better, still a little low, I have the LDP, and AWD.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Hey guys just had the Dyno testing for my RS, with 94 octane, the first two were really dissatisfied, we took the JB1 off and did much better, still a little low, I have the LDP, and AWD.
Wrong thread there Maple if your looking for the main dyno discussion but whatever, the AWD models tend to dyno around 350HP/TQ in stock form so I was expecting
maybe another 10HP/20TQ out of your car thanks to the LDP but it's close enough.

Just to be clear you only had 3 runs total? Because with JB1 and LDP you should be hitting nearly 400HP/430TQ. Was the JB1 connector loose or something? Did you take any logs while it was on the Dyno?

·
Registered
823 Posts
Wrong thread there Maple if your looking for the main dyno discussion but whatever, the AWD models tend to dyno around 350HP/TQ in stock form so I was expecting
maybe another 10HP/20TQ out of your car thanks to the LDP but it's close enough.

Just to be clear you only had 3 runs total? Because with JB1 and LDP you should be hitting nearly 400HP/430TQ. Was the JB1 connector loose or something? Did you take any logs while it was on the Dyno?
I did go into the right one, with the JB1 at 3, we got the first two runs, and they were low, we disconnected it, and got the 360.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
I did go into the right one, with the JB1 at 3, we got the first two runs, and they were low, we disconnected it, and got the 360.
Main Thread is here - https://www.infinitiq50.org/forum/dynos-racing/124379-official-dyno-results-thread.html
again though not really a big deal. Just lot less traffic in this particular topic.

As for your results to me it looks like the engine was pulling timing, can't really tell without seeing any logs
but if you started reporting normally after disconnecting your JB1 maybe your unit is defective.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Are you saying that the JB1 was hurting your performance? Why is that?

·
Registered
823 Posts
Are you saying that the JB1 was hurting your performance? Why is that?
when I had it on my SS, it performed well since I put on my RS, not so good, when I contacted Burger Tuning, about how it performed on a AWD, they told me that they didn't have any tests done and that it would be the same as the RWD. I said not likely. Talking to @Johnnh, he is having a hard time getting it back over 400whp.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Really need a JB4 to dial in the boost curve and log for knock and ensure coolant/intake temps are within range. Not a fan of the JB1.
There may be something wrong with it, since I took it off yesterday, the car is running better, the numbers are there for an AWD RS, it was very hot yesterday, those who are getting 400+, I'd like to see their Dyno sheets. Stock with just LDP.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
There may be something wrong with it, since I took it off yesterday, the car is running better, the numbers are there for an AWD RS, it was very hot yesterday, those who are getting 400+, I'd like to see their Dyno sheets. Stock with just LDP.
Well you may have been getting some heat-soak but typically it would have shown up on the 2nd or 3rd runs and not the first run, from there it would have got progressively worse. But instead it got better after you disconnected the JB1 which says to me that it is the issue.

I think you need to reach out to BurgerTuning and see if they've encountered this issue before.

As for Dynos you can check out the link I provided a few posts back but the guys below all
had RS400 and similar mods and saw about 400HP and 430TQ.

ThreeBlockWar - 400WHP/438QTQ on JB4 @ +4ps /W muffler delete on 91 /W Muffler Delete
Morpheus - 406.6WHP/484.5WTQ on JB4 @ +4psi on 91 octane /W Intake, Full Exhaust/DP. (AWD)

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
No check engine codes with it installed? Sometimes those map connectors are flaky.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Well you may have been getting some heat-soak but typically it would have shown up on the 2nd or 3rd runs and not the first run, from there it would have got progressively worse. But instead it got better after you disconnected the JB1 which says to me that it is the issue.

I think you need to reach out to BurgerTuning and see if they've encountered this issue before.

As for Dynos you can check out the link I provided a few posts back but the guys below all
had RS400 and similar mods and saw about 400HP and 430TQ.

ThreeBlockWar - 400WHP/438QTQ on JB4 @ +4ps /W muffler delete on 91 /W Muffler Delete
Morpheus - 406.6WHP/484.5WTQ on JB4 @ +4psi on 91 octane /W Intake, Full Exhaust/DP. (AWD)
I have seen the others, and have talked to Burger Tuning, the answer that was given me was it should be the same. AWD looses 15% over RWD, if my math is write, 360whp is basically there. The JB1 map was at 0, witch is +3 over stock. My car is running better, i will try to re-connect in a week, i'm not racing anyone just having some fun.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts