Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2015infinti q50s. its been couple times where I'm at a red-light and vehicle starts to choke up then idle normal. now last week I was at a parking lot driving and started choking up and suddenly just stalled on me. tried turning on the car but it'll only crank no start. towed vehicle home and the next day vehicle turned right on no problem. till about 15 min into idling it stated to choke up. any tips out there ? possibly fuel pump going bad?

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Clean the throttle bodies and let’s she how she does after that. Dirty throttle bodies causing issues like yours is very common on the VQ engine. While you’re at it, how are the air filters looking? When was the last time they were changed?

·
Registered
6,765 Posts
I have cleaned throttle bodies already and changed air filters about a month ago
Most likely there isn't a good seal on the intake somewhere following your last service to the throttle bodies, probably after the MAF(Mass-Airflow) sensor otherwise the car would typically complain its running rich(too much fuel) /lean(to little fuel). But it could be the air-box as well so its good to check there.

Reactions: SkylineDreamz

·
Registered
2017 infiniti Q50 AWD
1,908 Posts
clean the maf,

what are your LTFT and STFT when it has the issue?

·
Registered
2,551 Posts

·
Registered
6,765 Posts

·
Registered
2017 infiniti Q50 AWD
1,908 Posts

·
Registered