Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i could compare the Q50 with vehicles like the ATS or the 3 series on the grounds of cargo capacity but those horses have been beaten to death.

While looking over a press release for the new Corvette Stingray I noticed that the Vette actually has more cargo capacity than the Q50 so i decided to do a little digging and see what other out of segment vehicles provide more cargo space than Q50. Before you scream SKEWED, I didnt use larger sedans or SUV/CUVs, I tried to keep the list to sports cars and compacts.

Trunk Size (L)

Infiniti Q50: 352L

Corvette Stingray: 634L
Honda Fit: 585L
Subaru STi: 538L
Ferrari FF: 450L
Porsche Cayman: 425L
SRT Viper: 414L
Ford Mustang: 379L
Ford Focus Sedan: 374L
Ford Fiesta Sedan: 363L
Bentley Continental GT: 358L

Keep in mind i understand no one is going to be cross shopping a Q50 with a Stingray or Fiesta but I do think it is a little appalling some of the vehicles that beat out the Q50 for Trunk Space..

Cargo is the biggest thing that is pushing me towards QX70, but i want the new infiniti face!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Are you planning on carrying around really big stuff in your trunk? Sure it doesn't have a big trunk, but its not a SUV or even a CUV, so I don't think it was really trying for that.

I am surprised by the cargo space of some of the vehicles you listed though (the Cayman!)

The QX70 is a far different vehicle. If cargo capacity is the most important thing to you it may be worth a look, but the two vehicles are aimed towards very different people. It should be easy to tell which is more appropriate for you.

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
this is actually a pretty cool thread even though the list above doesn't have any of it's competition.

i think it's kind of sad to see that the Corvette Stingray has close to double the cargo space than the Q50.

with 352L of cargospace, what exactly can we fit?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Are we talking Q50 Hybrid trunk space here, or the 3.7 regular trunk size??

Reactions: afrosheen

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
any Q50 owners want to speak on how good or bad cargo space is?
On the gasser, it is plenty spacious. Best of all, it has gas struts for the trunk, so no goose necks intruding into trunk space when you close the lid. That makes a difference in *usable* space, compared to the competition which i think all use the goose necks.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
On the gasser, it is plenty spacious. Best of all, it has gas struts for the trunk, so no goose necks intruding into trunk space when you close the lid. That makes a difference in *usable* space, compared to the competition which i think all use the goose necks.
I'll bet the Honda fit doesnt use goose necks... Some of the vehicles in this comparo admittedly only have like a letter drawer more space than Q50 i just found the paper comparison to be interesting, and a touch surprising

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
you should see the amount of stuff i can carry in a QX56 with all the seats down..

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.