Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would share this pdf which comes from Infiniti.
There is also a little update on performance package. It seems that S model will come by default with DAS. It would unfortunate for me since I bought S too soon if they charge the same price.

http://nissannews.com/media_storage/images/Infiniti_Q50_Chassis_Control.pdf

(I don't see this posted but if it is, feel free to merge it or remove it)

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
On the gas model you have to get the Deluxe Touring Package for it.

Honestly I don't see them changing it with all the problems they are experiencing right now in the sense DAS would just be a default option on the 3.7L Sport Model.

Off topic, I have DAS.
It's fine for me.
And they might keep fine tuning and refining it.
It might even be better by the time they make it the default steering option on a 3.7L sport.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I don't see anything that says it's getting DAS.
It just sounds like if you get one with DAS you get the tweaks.

----------------------------------------------------
UPDATES SINCE LAUNCH

New optional Performance Package

Staggered conventional tires and new forged wheels

245/40R19 − front

265/35R19 − rear

Q50 Sport models with Direct Adaptive Steering

DAS mode settings optimized

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
On the gas model you have to get the Deluxe Touring Package for it.

Honestly I don't see them changing it with all the problems they are experiencing right now in the sense DAS would just be a default option on the 3.7L Sport Model.

Off topic, I have DAS.
It's fine for me.
And they might keep fine tuning and refining it.
It might even be better by the time they make it the default steering option on a 3.7L sport.
I don't see any problem with DAS other those certain few production faulty which was identified already (there is always bad eggs right?). I think the only problem people have is probably not used to it. Change is hard but this is a good change the way I see it. From my test drive, I like the quick setting and the sense it is customizable.

The only reason I did not get DAS was to stay away from electronic as much as possible since I am planning to keep the car long term (which is another reason I did not go with German).

After trying DAS again, I felt I should have gone with it! Oh well!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Thanks for the PDF. Good read. Agree with most things on the PDF except the RFT, LOL. I wonder what they meant by "Tire Improve". I hope they don't refer that to the RFT.

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.