Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the Guangzhou Motor Show Infiniti dropped the Q50 with a CLA powerplant. A side effect of their growing partnership, the M270 Turbocharged 4 from the CLA is now being shared with Infiniti. M270 is also expected in Q60, Q30 and QX30...

210 HP in an almost 4000 lb car... 18 lbs/HP

Not sure if it will make North America, it should though considering the new 328 is a 4 cylinder turbo as well. Would give infiniti the second tier and finally they can get rid of the G sedan...

·
Registered
348 Posts
Forget HP, it will have almost the same torque as the 3.7 at much lower
RPM. Will probably be about 150lbs lighter. So expect comparable performance to 320i.
Turbo engines are much easier to modify, 250hp is only a 'chip' away.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
I was gonna buy the CLA but after test drove it.. all I have left of is turbo "lagggggggggggg".....

·
Registered
326 Posts
Yea except I heard they are using the AMG motor and turbo 365HP

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
At the Guangzhou Motor Show Infiniti dropped the Q50 with a CLA powerplant.

I think this was mentioned on the other thread linked above.
I doubt it will work in the U.S.

1) G25 was a flop.
2) Mercedes has the volume and the brand name to do cars with smaller engines. Infiniti doesn't.
3) How does infiniti place a car with that engine. Is it still a ports sedan? Something else?
4) To much competition at that level unless they can price under a v6 camry or accord.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.