1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
I believe the coupe is called Q60

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Yeah Infiniti is trying to differentiate the coupe from the sedan by the time the redesigned Q60 comes out expect a hefty increase over the Q50 ... Same thing BMW has does with the 3 and now 4 series

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Stole these renderings from a thread on MYG37... The guy in that forum who had access to all the new models through 2016 at the national dealer conference said that this rendering is pretty darn close :D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
My understanding is that the "rebadging" will be in full effect beginning with the 2014 models.
Yea, I think so too since the rebadging to Q was just announced, I think, @ the Geneva Autoshow

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
Anyone else think it's stupid to rebadge the cars that aren't getting updates for a few years? I mean, after you get over the whole "throwing away 20 years of G brand recognition" thing.

The Q50 is new. The Q60 should change when it's updated, same for the Q70. My opinion, for what it's worth. It would have been super epic for Infiniti to do it this way and stun the world with a fresh lineup of new Q's across the board for 2014.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Yea! I actually still love the G name! It would have made more sense to have a new look before rebadging rather than rebadging the current look but I guess they have their reasons!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Anyone else think it's stupid to rebadge the cars that aren't getting updates for a few years? I mean, after you get over the whole "throwing away 20 years of G brand recognition" thing.

The Q50 is new. The Q60 should change when it's updated, same for the Q70. My opinion, for what it's worth. It would have been super epic for Infiniti to do it this way and stun the world with a fresh lineup of new Q's across the board for 2014.
Yeah I totally agree. I didn't even know they were going to do a rebadge. The real Q60 can't come soon enough.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
It really isn't a big deal to me at all.

It's easier to just go ahead and rebadge them all in one fell swoop if you ask me. There doesn't need to be an exact rhyme or reason to it this time because the naming nomenclature doesn't have anything to do specifically to the generation of the car or the engine specs.

I think people are just trying to fight the change.

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
I actually am not that concerned with the rebadging. I am just hoping for the same quality from the past or better.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
I've heard some say they're going to debadge or rebadge because the Q name is a goofy change. To each his own I guess. I've seen G sedans with Skyline badges, which is funny but accurate.
I will actually be doing that! Probably just leave the infiniti logo but I wonder if I am able to take out that bezel below the license plate! Kinda want to clean up the rear a bit like in my avatar!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.