Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i have done factory reset in self diagnostic menu (stupid , I know!). And now my gps, drive mode, radio, parking sensors, etc don't work.
I was at few locations at Nissan/infiniti service partners to try to fix the problem. Anyway basicly thed dont know what to do, so the answer is always the same, "you must replace a unit"(it costs around 3000 euros).
When I was driving to Croatia, i have hear in few occasions that my GPS says on speakers "in 300 meters, speed camera".
so I know gps is functional, it communicate with satellite and all, but there is no map on display.
I went In Croatia to another workshop (infiniti), they did the same thing like this ones in Germany, only they have had one spare new dcu , and try to put it in. it worked, but i refused to pay 3k euros for it, so they put my old one in. After that, my Bluetooth, cd, usb audio started to work normally (before that wasn't working at all). only FM/AM radio cant search freq or store stations.
So I know its a software problem, but i cant find nobody that knows to deal with that.

So if i buy used dcu/upper monitor, and replace it, do i need to recode keys or something like that? is it possible to just "plug and play"?
because i have asked at service in Germany where I usually go, and they refused to change the unit for used one.

·
Registered
21 Posts
If you buy a used unit, to make it work you need to perform "add new key procedure" and have all your keys. Then you will need to configure it anyway because the car you took it from could have different specs/eqip. Of course to do any of that you need a dealer level scan tool. To mess with keys you need security clearance from Nissan or a pin decoder.

·
Registered
42 Posts
If you buy a used unit, to make it work you need to perform "add new key procedure" and have all your keys. Then you will need to configure it anyway because the car you took it from could have different specs/eqip. Of course to do any of that you need a dealer level scan tool. To mess with keys you need security clearance from Nissan or a pin decoder.
This. There is saved configuration data that has to be pulled from the old DCU and transferred into the new DCU. You'd need Consult III to do this. Dealer has to do it. It honestly sounds like it lost its configuration and needs to be manually reconfigured with Consult III to your vehicle. Sounds like the CAN gateways are getting shutdown by the DCU because the DCU doesnt know your vehicle is equipped with those other modules and isnt configured to talk to them via CAN, configuring it to the correct settings will open up those CAN gateways and allow communication, if its a configuration issue.

What do all you radio and info screens look like now?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This upper screen goes to "no pointers clock" after i go to audio source menu from upper screen.
I have entered diagnostic menu again to take a pictures.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts