Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Dual occupant memory system for driver's seat, mirrors and steering wheel settings, linked to individual Intelligent Keys is optional.
It required the Deluxe Touring Package.

Hi, I got my q50 today, but it can't remember the seat positions with the two keys, even though I have setup the users , one for each key

The one I got is the Perm AWD with NAV

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
Memory seats only comes in Deluxe Touring package (or Deluxe Tech is hybrid).

It will remember your radio station, meter display, drive mode, and heat/AC settings though.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
52 Posts
Memory seats only comes in Deluxe Touring package (or Deluxe Tech is hybrid).

It will remember your radio station, meter display, drive mode, and heat/AC settings though.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
That's is pretty shitty. At the point that it remembers these other things, you'd think they would just make everything memorable. Too bad you didn't figure that out before making your purchase. It could be worse though. People have been adjusting their seats in the car for a long time. It will only set you back 30 seconds when you have to adjust it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Mine doesn't remember my drive mode. Do you mean that it will remember your personal drive mode selections? The reason I ask is that my drive mode always defaults to standard, even though I last drove it on Eco, Sport or Personal mode.

Or am I missing a setting somewhere that saves what mode I want the car to start off in (Sport, Personal, Eco, etc or last mode selected)?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Mine doesn't remember my drive mode. Do you mean that it will remember your personal drive mode selections? The reason I ask is that my drive mode always defaults to standard, even though I last drove it on Eco, Sport or Personal mode.

Or am I missing a setting somewhere that saves what mode I want the car to start off in (Sport, Personal, Eco, etc or last mode selected)?
The car will always default to Standard when you turn the car on..

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
Car always goes to standard mode when you turn it on. Switching to your personal mode is a matter of two clicks of the "drive mode" selector switch by your right hip. This arrangement is a feature, not a bug. The thinking is that at low speeds around town (like right after you've started the car and driving away from where you parked it), standard is more comfortable/easy than personal or sport mode.

If it isn't remembering your personal drive mode selections, then there's something wrong and you should see the dealer.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Does anybody know if the memory seats can be installed by a dealer?

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
No, they can not.

·
Registered
585 Posts
5 bucks says it's a firmware hack away from being in all models, but I wouldn't attempt monkeying with the Intouch system just yet.
I would agree, except that models that have the seat memory also have a switch on the door that you press to program the seat position to correspond to a remote.

I know someone will correct me if I'm wrong (;), but I believe that the switch is the part that a dealer cannot install.

·
Registered
407 Posts
5 bucks says it's a firmware hack away from being in all models, but I wouldn't attempt monkeying with the Intouch system just yet.
I agree, too bad it's not like we're dealing with a smartphone here that I could almost guarantee someone will hack into eventually. We'll have to wait on Infiniti to do this themselves.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'm having the same problem, I do have DT package though. Both keys are associated with user profiles, and the memory seat switches on the door are set as well. Can someone perhaps tell me if I set this feature up manually somehow or should it have been setup with the user profiles automatically?

I scoured this forum as well as my physical user manuals/online manuals to no avail.

Mucho thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
I'm having the same problem, I do have DT package though. Both keys are associated with user profiles, and the memory seat switches on the door are set as well. Can someone perhaps tell me if I set this feature up manually somehow or should it have been setup with the user profiles automatically?

I scoured this forum as well as my physical user manuals/online manuals to no avail.

Mucho thanks!
got page 3-30 of OM for detailed info.
Linking log-in function to a stored memory position:

·
Registered
120 Posts
I don't think that 3-30 addresses my issue. If I'm not mistaken, that shows how to set memory seat positions using either buttons located on door or the Intouch system's profile screen.

My understanding is that if I unlock the car with my I-key, the seats should immediately go to my position setting along with audio/climate/safety settings.

Anyone?

·
Registered
309 Posts
I was curious about the possibilities of this so I researched the circuit construction of the two optional systems.

While I cannot share the diagrams, suffice to say it is not just a switch install and system activation. The models without ADP have two wires to the seat control unit listed in the circuit. The connectors look like they are the same and the wire pin out looks close. However, the system appears to be missing the ADP control unit, CAN connection from the BCM (and thereby operated devices), and let's not forget the switch and whichever trim panel is required to house this item.

It has been my experience that you cannot (with great success) add items to the CAN network (ADP shares seat, mirror, and wheel positions with everyone) without also changing other items down the line. Since the early days of CAN they distinguish model trim levels as different CAN types. The current Q has 14 different CAN types and it does not look like they are interchangeable (at least from the looking through my book). Also there is a long model specific code on the vin plate that announces model code, so I do not see it as something that may be an option down the road.

Sorry :eek:

Looks like it is definitely something to think about before committing to a unit.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Wow, that was a flashback! I remember the sales person spending 25-30 mins. trying to figure out why the seat\mirror positions were not being remembered!! Until another salesperson told him it wasn't on the options list.... (simple reading of the sheet would have shown that).

Since I will be doing 90% of the driving it doesn't really matter.. besides it's less of a monthly expense to deal with...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any thoughts???

I have the deluxe package with memory seats...the Infiniti "user" settings keep forgetting whose key is whose!!! My wife is 5' and I'm 6'. I have to mostly revert to the setting on the door...Why doesn't the user setting remember who is who?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.