Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hong Kong – Infiniti will reveal a Formula One inspired concept car based on the Q50 premium sports sedan at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit.

The concept car represents Infiniti's design vision of a high performance variant of Q50. Called "Q50 Eau Rouge," the car is named after the world-famous corner at the Formula One track in Spa-Francorchamps, a corner which requires extraordinary strength, courage and commitment; it has seen some of the most incredible driving feats in Formula One history. For Infiniti, the Q50 Eau Rouge concept blends road car technology and a thoroughbred motorsport vision.

The Q50 Eau Rouge features aerodynamic styling treatments and design elements which are influenced by Infiniti's partnership with Formula One world championship-winning team Infiniti Red Bull Racing.

"Performance is a key pillar of Infiniti's DNA, and this car expresses a deepened design interpretation of that. The Q50, with an abundance of technologies, provides a great basis for an extreme performance version, embodied in the design of Q50 Eau Rouge," said Alfonso Albaisa, Infiniti's Executive Design Director.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Nice!!
Not that it has ANYTHING to do with the new car but Ive been to Spa 5 times for F1. Eau Rouge is an amazing place to watch the race as they're going flat out around the turns before the long straight. It really shows if the car's balanced.

Awesome track!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Blacked out everything (?) plus F1 inspired front end and performance (?) = WIN! :D

This looks awesome, I can only imagine how the Q60 will look.

I love how Infiniti is taking to F1 now with their partnership with Red Bull Racing.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Hopefully this makes it to the Toronto auto show in February. I'll be eager to grill the Infiniti reps about it. $65k+ hmmm, might consider a used GT-R for that price.

·
Premium Member
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hopefully this makes it to the Toronto auto show in February. I'll be eager to grill the Infiniti reps about it. $65k+ hmmm, might consider a used GT-R for that price.
^This is the problem Infiniti faces with a true perfformance line... no one is gonna wanna pay the price, but want all the performance. The fact of the matter is, a legit Q50 IPL will probably land around $65k+. (Note... not directly targeted at quoted person, talking in general).

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
They still have the M56's V8 laying around for extra grunt so a Q50 IPL "Eau Rouge" could easily use this powerplant if it fits under the hood. Still, that is dead sexy.

Knowing Infiniti and the direction they're taking these days, and given Nissan's expertise with turbos, I'm thinking 3.5l V6 with one or two turbos. Not the 3.7l so they can keep the weight balanced.

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
People won't pay $65K? Are you kidding. I see at least 3 Teslas every day driving around where I live. People are paying $100K for that thing. And it has a 200 mile leash on it.

Reactions: afrosheen

·
Premium Member
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
People were crying that the Q50 cracked $50k. I also specifically remember a rep for Infiniti stating that that was one of the main reasons they haven't done a legit performance line. I think it was Ben Poore in one of those Q&A video chats. This is where the brand comes into play. Teslas are selling because they're something new, and its a good product.

People that have the money are going to say why spend money on an Infiniti when I can get a M_ or and AMG. And Infiniti enthusiasts want everything for nothing, those were the ones crying about the $50k+ loaded price tag. I don't get it but... But I still say build it and price it accordingly.

·
Registered
982 Posts
People were crying that the Q50 cracked $50k. I also specifically remember a rep for Infiniti stating that that was one of the main reasons they haven't done a legit performance line. I think it was Ben Poore in one of those Q&A video chats. This is where the brand comes into play. Teslas are selling because they're something new, and its a good product.

People that have the money are going to say why spend money on an Infiniti when I can get a M_ or and AMG. And Infiniti enthusiasts want everything for nothing, those were the ones crying about the $50k+ loaded price tag. I don't get it but... But I still say build it and price it accordingly.
The previous IPL is a joke. Literally. (Inferior Performance Line).

When The G Coupe was out it started at a low 35k. And was one of Infiniti best seller why? Style + Price.

Not sure what happened since.

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
The previous IPL is a joke. Literally. (Inferior Performance Line).

When The G Coupe was out it started at a low 35k. And was one of Infiniti best seller why? Style + Price.

Not sure what happened since.
Nope, IPL stood for Interior Perfection List. ;) Look at Simpson's red leather, and drool over his LE.

I think Infiniti was puttering around with the idea of IPL, testing the waters to see who would bite at a higher price point for a little extra bling and red leather. Adding performance costs a whole lot more and is a much bigger risk so they didn't start with that. However, since Infiniti got its own HQ in Hong Kong and is trying to be its own company now (intentionally physically separating them from Nissan designers), I think they'll have the freedom to take a serious stance on IPL in the coming years.

Lexus, with their F cars (LFA, IS-F and coming soon, GS-F), took it seriously and some people bit. They are an older offshoot brand and have more clout in the luxury space, but since Infiniti is going global with the Q50, I totally see them stepping up to the plate now.

It will be exciting to see what Infiniti has in store over the next decade. I'm really looking forward to the revamped Q60 for starters.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.