Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 209 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Engine choice to be revealed at the Geneva Motor Show on March 4th!

See press release from Infiniti. The video is a sound clip of the engine. Which is a forced induction.

Infiniti Eau Rouge ? Ready to Roar at Geneva Motor Show - Infiniti Online Newsroom

My vote...its sounds like a sweeter version of the GT-R. For me, the giveway is at the end when it idles down. That sounds exactly like the GT-R at idle...kind of a whine to it.

Thoughts?

Mike S.

·
Premium Member
1,350 Posts
Q50 Eau Rouge

Infiniti Q50 Eau Rouge to roar into life at Geneva | Auto Express

http://blog.caranddriver.com/infini...kes-for-easy-listening-2014-geneva-auto-show/

The video doesn't reveal much, but the accompanying articles allude to possible specs reveal at the Geneva Auto Show.

I'm really excited about this car's potential; it will make me consider waiting for it (coupe version) if my finances allow, whether than waiting on the redesign Q60.

Awwww...just listened to that soundtrack again...I think I'm in L-O-V-E; my wife is in trouble!

·
Premium Member
1,350 Posts
I'm in LOVE...

·
Registered
478 Posts
My guess is it will either be the GTR engine, or a version of the VQ37HR that they threw twin turbos on. BOV's are the dead giveaway here that it is not a V8, at least a naturally aspirated one.

Reactions: Q602B

·
Registered
478 Posts
The coupe version of the Q50 will be the Q60, they will just completely change the design of the vehicle to look like a Q50. Also, I would assume the Eau Rouge is going to be quite a bit more expensive than any model of Q50 that is currently out, especially because of what it will be competing against. The Eau Rouge is also being designed as a sedan, so it may not even be available as a coupe at all, and if it is, not likely until 2018+.

·
Premium Member
1,350 Posts
My guess is it will either be the GTR engine, or a version of the VQ37HR that they threw twin turbos on. BOV's are the dead giveaway here that it is not a V8, at least a naturally aspirated one.

I'm hoping for a re-tuned VQ37HR...I love the GTR, but wish Nissan/Infiniti allow it to stand alone. Besides, going with the 37HR will likely help keep the price point below the GTR's value (possibly and hopefully).

Reactions: mattreading22

·
Premium Member
1,350 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,350 Posts
The coupe version of the Q50 will be the Q60, they will just completely change the design of the vehicle to look like a Q50. Also, I would assume the Eau Rouge is going to be quite a bit more expensive than any model of Q50 that is currently out, especially because of what it will be competing against. The Eau Rouge is also being designed as a sedan, so it may not even be available as a coupe at all, and if it is, not likely until 2018+.
Yep...I'm aware of the Q50/Q60 dynamics...hence my tag, Q602B.;)

A year and half into a brand new house, trust me, I can wait.:D

And we coupe lovers can only hope Infiniti produces a coupe version if the ER goes into production. By that time and prayerfully, my finances should be solid.

Reactions: mattreading22

·
Registered
478 Posts
Yep...I'm aware of the Q50/Q60 dynamics...hence my tag, Q602B.;)

A year and half into a brand new house, trust me, I can wait.:D

And we coupe lovers can only hope Infiniti produces a coupe version if the ER goes into production. By that time and prayerfully, my finances should be solid.
If the coupe version does come out, I would most likely be in line as well! :D
Lets hope for the best!

·
Registered
478 Posts
I'm hoping for a re-tuned VQ37HR...I love the GTR, but wish Nissan/Infiniti allow it to stand alone. Besides, going with the 37HR will likely help keep the price point below the GTR's value (possibly and hopefully).
I agree with you 100%. I think they need to keep the GTR its own car, and make the Q50 Eau Rouge a competitor in a way. This will create a much more broad demographic, and will bring in a vehicle that is similar, but not the same. Will be cool to see what happens!

1 - 20 of 209 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.