Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm asking because I've been on the fence abaout trading in now or waiting for incentives (who knows how long the wait will be). I have a trade in offer for $20,500.. If I wait the offer will surely be less later. OR do I take what's on the table and miss out on incentives down the road.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
118 Posts
I think predicting stuff like this is almost as reliable as predicting the stock market. :D I'll offer a few thoughts anyway.

The G37 has undoubtedly taken a hit already with the imminent arrival of the Q50, so I think additional delays would be somewhat neutral... BASED ON THE INFO WE HAVE SO FAR.

What could swing it one way or the other is what comes out in the reviews. The G37 is a proven performer. The Q50 is not. If the reviews blast it out of the water, people might not be as inclined to pay the premium for the Q50. If the reviews are really good, the G37 might sink a little further relative to the Q.

Now are you ready for my sure-fire stock picks? ;)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,692 Posts
Good points HouNos. Also consider that the G37 will remain in production for a year, selling alongside the Q50, but the Q50 will undoubtedly be more coveted and therefore more expensive.

If it were me I'd take the money and run, but if future incentives are greater than the depreciation you're soaking up by keeping it, they may be worth waiting for.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,949 Posts
Incentives aren't always guaranteed...they could decide to just not offer incentives anymore...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Common sense would lead one to believe that the G37's value would be falling with an impending new replacement on the horizon.

However, as mentioned, the G will be around another year. As recent as last week, the G37's being sold at the Infiniti dealer sale have been bringing "all the money"...at least in our (southwest) region.

What year G do you have?

One thought I would suggest you consider would be to take advantage of the 24 month lease on the G37 and when the lease is up, swap into the Q50. By that time, selection will be ample and pricing should be more flexible.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think predicting stuff like this is almost as reliable as predicting the stock market. :D I'll offer a few thoughts anyway.

The G37 has undoubtedly taken a hit already with the imminent arrival of the Q50, so I think additional delays would be somewhat neutral... BASED ON THE INFO WE HAVE SO FAR.

What could swing it one way or the other is what comes out in the reviews. The G37 is a proven performer. The Q50 is not. If the reviews blast it out of the water, people might not be as inclined to pay the premium for the Q50. If the reviews are really good, the G37 might sink a little further relative to the Q.

Now are you ready for my sure-fire stock picks? ;)
haha! Good points. Dealer has given me until this weekend to take the trade offer. The offer is actually a hair better than KBB. I did ask about invoice and true car. Both shot down with swiftness :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,008 Posts
Its simple any time new model comes it depresses old model prices because every one wants newer toy for show n tell, not that they really need it.
Look around the forum all kids are screaming and yelling where the heck myQ50 is? I want it now (*yesterday* ) even before the release date.
Market economy drives the value. The value of older (G37) has already dropped since Q50s announcement. if you wait you may not even get what you are getting today. Today's cash has more value than tomorrow's cash. So just get the cash and wait for your new toy (Q50). IMO
 
  • Like
Reactions: 88gt

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Common sense would lead one to believe that the G37's value would be falling with an impending new replacement on the horizon.

However, as mentioned, the G will be around another year. As recent as last week, the G37's being sold at the Infiniti dealer sale have been bringing "all the money"...at least in our (southwest) region.

What year G do you have?

One thought I would suggest you consider would be to take advantage of the 24 month lease on the G37 and when the lease is up, swap into the Q50. By that time, selection will be ample and pricing should be more flexible.
I thought about leasing but if I'm going to get out of my current car(2009).. I'm going to get completely out.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,692 Posts
Lol at cvipgo pushing buttons again. I would like to get mine close to Aug 5th though, I have friends and family asking me daily if I got my car yet.

And now back to your regularly scheduled programming.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,949 Posts
Everyone I tell that my car is just sitting at the dealership but I can't buy it until August 5 is completely confused...they don't understand!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Q50/g37

Some interesting bits of info but you might already know this.

If you're trading in you will pay tax on the full MSRP of the new car. Not the difference. Obvisouly a double dip here in CA. Curious if other states do the same.
Called my auto insurer AAA to get a quote. They don't have the Q50 in their system. Anyone else run into the same thing?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,692 Posts
Some interesting bits of info but you might already know this.

If you're trading in you will pay tax on the full MSRP of the new car. Not the difference. Obvisouly a double dip here in CA. Curious if other states do the same.
Called my auto insurer AAA to get a quote. They don't have the Q50 in their system. Anyone else run into the same thing?
Geico isn't ready either. However the G37 should match. If anything the Q50 with the tech package should be cheaper to insure thanks to the accident avoidance packages.
 
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top