Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I went to the Infiniti dealer when the first came out and I saw some Hybrid Premiums with the same 19" wheels as the Sports model.. However, when I go to Infiniti's site, I don't see this option listed on the Hybrid Premium. Does anyone know if its possible to get these 19" wheels as an option on the Hybrid Premium?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
Yes, you can get them. Wheel and tire package. I think it costs $1600. Problem is finding one though. Most dealers don't want to do a swap for the wheels on another car. Its a big PITA for us when we go to sell the car that has a Munroney sticker that says "wheel and tire package" and they aren't on there - and another potential hassle for the customer at lease-end if they lease.

If you can wait for a car to be built, then we can order you one.

Reactions: Rick_vdl

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response. I don't mind waiting for the car if I can get the options that I want. So even though infiniti.com doesn't allow me to choose 19" wheels on the Hybrid Premium, I can still order it (not the chrome ones)?

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
I lied. Can't order that with the Hybrid for some reason.

Sorry, but as my signature points out, I'm a salesperson. We all lie. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
haha glad you can poke fun at yourself.. Man this really sucks, I didn't want to have to get the Sports model just to get 19" wheels, and I don't want to get them aftermarket.. So it looks like if I want 19" wheels on a hybrid from the factory, then I have to get the premium?

Are there any downsides in getting the Sport vs the Premium? I didn't necessarily want the stiffer ride...

·
Registered
120 Posts
haha glad you can poke fun at yourself.. Man this really sucks, I didn't want to have to get the Sports model just to get 19" wheels, and I don't want to get them aftermarket.. So it looks like if I want 19" wheels on a hybrid from the factory, then I have to get the premium?

Are there any downsides in getting the Sport vs the Premium? I didn't necessarily want the stiffer ride...
Love my Premium, hugely regret not getting the 19's.

I believe in addition to the suspension & brakes, you lose the paddle shifters, sports grille, unique front fascia and sport seats (in addition to the S badging) but gain wood trim with deluxe touring. I think everything else is the same.

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
Sport lease rates aren't as good as the Premium (at least that was true last month - I haven't looked at this month's numbers yet).

Personally, I like the sport seats better and I like paddle shifters. If I were buying the car and planning to keep it a long time, I'd opt for the sport version. But since I'm going to lease it, and I can get my winter tires swapped on/off pretty cheap (I work where we have all the equipment and I get a discount on service), I'm going to get the Premium and put winter tires on the stock 17" rims.

Have you asked your dealer? There's always a possibility they would do the swap for you. I've had times where we had an extra set of wheels for a specific car laying around. When that's the case and it doesn't cost us, or better yet, we can make a little extra money by doing the swap for you, then we've done it. But as mentioned earlier, with 50-60% of our customers leasing their cars, this gets more complicated in most situations.

Keep in mind that it probably wouldn't be too hard to find someone on here to buy your stock 17" rims and tires from you. And there will be enough people here with stock sport rims/tires buying fancy aftermarket wheels (see vossen/velgen threads) that they'll probably start offering the stockers for sale soon. I'd suggest getting the stock 17's, be a little patient and keep an eye out on this forum for someone selling the wheels and/or tires you want.

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
Rick, you get wood trim on any car with Deluxe Touring or Deluxe Technology packages, regardless of sport vs. premium.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.