Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys glad to finally be part of the Community.
I recently bought myself a 2017 Q50 Hybrid in the Sport Tech trim.
Unfortunately I have already encountert some Problems. I am missing the Sport+ mode (which I should have for all I know). In the personal Drive mode I can choose the sport+ option for the Engine but the one for the steering is greyed out.
I also have issues with Vibrations between 60 and 90 mph. The car came with new aftermarket snow wheels and wheel spacers (otherwise the rims wouldn't fit the brakes). Had a lot more vibrations prior to balancing the wheels.

Am I missing something or could it really be an issue with DAS. My car doesnt show any warning signals.

I am living in Germany so the next Infiniti dealer is far away. That's why I wanted to ask the community first.

Thanks alot
Vespasian
Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle Car

·
Registered
2016 Hybrid 3.5 SportTech RWD
1,114 Posts
Hi and welcome!

IIRC there is no "Sport+" modus in the Hybrid. Vibrations are well known especially when car is lowered etc. Check your rims (radial run-out), wheel alignment and balancing. I had four dates @ shop with balancing and wheel alignment after changing to 20" wheels to solve this reasonably. Since last year I have KW V3 coilovers installed and car's now without any problem. For your easing DAS – in all probability – is not the problem here.

Where do you live in Germany?

Reactions: mapleDom

·
Registered
1,114 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
The french – LOL!

And there are 225 Hybrids on the road here in Toronto Germany (on 1/1/21).

Reactions: mapleDom

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Look at me already making friends on here 😌

So the Hybrid doesn't have sport+ that's... counterintuitive. But at least I am relieved that I (probably) don't have an issue and am not alone with the vibration. KW coilovers would be interesting I have to look into that. But before that I slap on the summer tires and check if the vibrations prevail.

I live near Heilbronn in Baden-Württemberg. So as far away as you could get to Hamburg. But I have relatives in Hamburg would be fun to have a official q50 Germany meet up when I am up there😂

Anyways stoked to be here awesome car great community! Beste Grüße meine Kerle - Vespasian

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
14,286 Posts
Willkommen in unserem Forum!

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
KW coilovers would be interesting I have to look into that. But before that I slap on the summer tires and check if the vibrations prevail.
Before you order the KW coilovers you should know that the in Germany officially offered V3 for Infiniti Q50 (incl. Hybrid) won't fit the front axle – they have to be changed to a so called "China version". But no worries, I've got all neccessary technical documents inclusive TÜV acceptance.

There are some more Q50s and Hybrids here in the Hamburg area due to one of the (former) six Infiniti centers in Germany...

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
14,286 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Stunningly the Google translation is completely correct! 😂

"Willkommen in unserem Forum" is "Welcome to our forum" (word by word). And for our friends from the french city of Toronto: "Bienvenue sur notre forum!" LOL

·
Registered
2014 3.7, 14 Hybrid S, 17 Silver sport, 17 Red Sport, now 18 Signature.
2,287 Posts
Stunningly the Google translation is completely correct! 😂

"Willkommen in unserem Forum" is "Welcome to our forum" (word by word). And for our friends from the french city of Toronto: "Bienvenue sur notre forum!" LOL
Merci, beaucoup.

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
14,286 Posts
Hey I was just asking, I thought your back round was German.;)
I am German, however my command of the German language is limited to what I picked up from my father and 3 years of high school German. My oldest son has a minor in German and speaks it fairly well though.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts

·
Registered
Infiniti Q50s hybrid AWD
12 Posts
Hi Vespasian, I run my Q50S Tech Hybrid in the winter with winter tyres, they a a ******* to balance as i must have 100 gms of lead on the wheels, they aren’t a legal requirement in the UK but as I bought a spare set of rims I put them on in October and take them off at the end of Marc, mine whine and vibrate exactly the sam as yours between 65 and 85 kph.
I love mine and it’s a really rare car in the Uk. Nissan Uk are exceptional at any problems arisin.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts