Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Calling all Q50 hybrids drivers!! I would like to know of your drive experience thus far with the new hybrid model. Any info you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Trying to decide between the gas or hybrid version Q50. Are you happy with your decision?:D:confused:

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
The Q50S hybrid is the biggest reason why I choose the Q50. The impressive spec and the selling price leave the competition in the dust.
What I like about my Q50S Hybrid:
* It's fast, really fast
* Acceleration is quick and powerful (put it on sport mode manual shift and battery is at least 25% charged), it will literally throw you back on your seat.
* Gas mileage - average about 31mpg on my last tank (some aggressive driving, 50% of the time stuck in traffic, AC on most of the time, 70% highway and 30% city driving)
* Smooth and quiet - The ride is very smooth and quiet. When you stop on a red light or stop sign, you barely hear anything (only if there are charge left in the battery, if no charge left the gas engine kick :eek:)

What I don't like about the Q50S Hybrid (actually I am really nitpicking here)
* hybrid noise - in a very quiet environment you can hear the electric vehicle noise. I believe this is normal for all hybrid or electric vehicle.
* hybrid battery - I wish the hybrid battery is bigger and hold more charge. It can deplete fairly quickly, but it also can replenish fairly quickly.
* braking - heard people complain it felt a little mushy (not sure what that mean). The braking system does felt different, but once you get use to it, it's a non issue.
* trunk space - trunk space is small, make sure you are ok with it.
* I wish you can manually put in electric mode anytime (when the hybrid battery is charged) instead the car decide for you.
* cornering - you do felt the weight of the car when you do a hard 90 degree cornering.

Overall, I am very satisfy with my Q50S hybrid. I don't think I wants to go back to the gasser anymore. I did not test drive the Q50S gasser because the hybrid with the tech options is the reason why I choose the Q50. I did drove a loaner G37(first time I ever drive a G37) and it felt slow compare to my Q50S hybrid.

·
Registered
225 Posts
IPO is right! Just get it, enjoy it, drive the h*ll out of it with no regrets!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Best car I have bought, was definitely a turning point will never buy a straight gasser again. Wait until gas hits $4.50 to $5.00 a gallon which will certainly happen in the next year or so maybe even faster if we go to war in Syria. The extra cost will definitely pay for itself and then some.

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
I agree with PlusOne too. I will also add that the brakes seem like they have two stages. One stage where they are smothly and gradually slowing the car and another that seems to more aggressively bring the car to a halt.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.