Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a Q50S AWD a month ago and I have noticed my climate temperature setting to be VERY sensitive. For instance - 60 degrees - 61 degrees is about normal and the air feels cool. However if I set it on 62 or 63 degrees the air warms drastically almost like the heat is on. Has anyone else noticed this to be very sensitive? Since I believe it will go up to 90 it doesn't make much sense to basically have the settings turn to heat at 63 degrees.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I noticed that in order to keep cool I need to set the auto temp to 65 or below. In the G37 anything below 73 was freezing.
I complained but the tech said it was normal.
A loaner Q50 had the same 'problem'.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Here in Arizona in November I have to set it at 68° in the morning so the heater does not kick on. On drive home I set it at 74° for just a touch of cooling.

Reactions: SimpsonTide985

·
Registered
982 Posts
Well, at least it's not the 2014 IS350. The heater is "always on". If you set the temp at the lowest setting "LO", AC off, and just let the outside air flow in, it's nothing but hot air blowing out. Even if you set it to "recirc", hot air still blows out.

This is "normal" according to Lexus.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I'm in Dallas and this is the one thing that bother me about my q50, I did notice that when the temperature changes outside the car will decide if it wants 65 degrees to be hot or cold.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: will1066

·
Registered
106 Posts
Thats what an automatic climate control system does. It attempts to maintain the set temperature inside the car. If it's 32 degrees inside the car and the temperature is set to 70, then the climate control system will turn on the heat until the temperature inside the car reaches the set temperature, after reaching the set temp, the heat should go off or the blower should lower it's speed. This was the same is my Maxima and my g37. My temp stays at 72. In my g it stayed at 78 because anything lower and it would feel like the north pole inside the car. But I stay in Miami and deal with 85+ degree weather almost year round. When it does get cold, I don't have to change the set temp. If it's significantly cooler than 78 degrees outside and in the car then the heat will come on. If its hotter, than the ac comes on. The only time I could get the heat to come on in the summer was by setting the temp between 88 and 90. I'm guessing in winter is vice versa for the colder climates, you have to set the ac to one of the coldest settings to override the climate controls. You can also try turning off auto.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a Q50S AWD a month ago and I have noticed my climate temperature setting to be VERY sensitive. For instance - 60 degrees - 61 degrees is about normal and the air feels cool. However if I set it on 62 or 63 degrees the air warms drastically almost like the heat is on. Has anyone else noticed this to be very sensitive? Since I believe it will go up to 90 it doesn't make much sense to basically have the settings turn to heat at 63 degrees.
I know it’s been a while just curious if you ever took it into the dealership to find out on it…because I have the exact same issue, more specifically 61 feels like 61 but 62 feels like 78.

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
16,291 Posts
I know it’s been a while just curious if you ever took it into the dealership to find out on it…because I have the exact same issue, more specifically 61 feels like 61 but 62 feels like 78.
It's been over 8 years since he was here. I doubt you'll get a response from him.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.