Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just spoke to Infiniti Consumer Affairs to see if my car was on the list to have the modules replaced and she gave me some bogus response. Seems like everyone here is right on. Apparently there is a service bulletin (seems like my car qualifies for it) but its only if you are having a problem with your DAS module and if lights come on. Well just because I don't live in North Dakota or Chicago doesn't mean that they should skimp out on the module updates.

Secondly, I was told there was a new Intouch Software released on 1/24 that my car qualifies for, she wasn't able to give me the version #... Has anyone received this version? If so, what does it include?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've had that update since last October.. She said it just came out on Friday/Saturday...

·
Registered
151 Posts
I just spoke to Infiniti Consumer Affairs to see if my car was on the list to have the modules replaced and she gave me some bogus response. Seems like everyone here is right on. Apparently there is a service bulletin (seems like my car qualifies for it) but its only if you are having a problem with your DAS module and if lights come on. Well just because I don't live in North Dakota or Chicago doesn't mean that they should skimp out on the module updates.

Secondly, I was told there was a new Intouch Software released on 1/24 that my car qualifies for, she wasn't able to give me the version #... Has anyone received this version? If so, what does it include?
That's the problem with this process, it should be replaced if it is a problem regardless of whether you have experienced it. In SoCal it has been 75-80 degrees for most of the "winter" and thus people here aren' experiencing the issue. I'm sure someone is really looking forward to reproducing the DAS issue at Big Bear if it ever snows again. :roll eyes:

That said, try another dealership. If you are polite and cool about it, a lot of service centers will still do it for you as long as you acknowledge that you have experienced the problem before. I know because I have been through this (one dealer refusing to service a TSB and another agreeing to do it because it was the right thing to do).

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea I guess my point is that its sad and it shouldn't have to be that way.. that is not how a brand builds its reputation..

·
Registered
982 Posts
I got the software update last week to the 1.9.

The system now lags like a mofo. Takes about 3-5 seconds to switch from audio to menu to climate.

The older software was much more smoother.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I've had that update since last October.. She said it just came out on Friday/Saturday...
I went there on Saturday and I actually heard about it in Forum but the dealer told me that they haven't heard anything later than that version.
Yeah... that was my first time for a service and so far no problem for me (knock on wood) since I bought it back on late September.

I know some people at the service department and they told me in Bay Area, there is only one complaint on DAS since the first Q50 sold. The coldest we got into was around low 30. However, I agree with you, they should replace DAS module on all cars without waiting for it to happen. It is especially dangerous if you are going for ski.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I got the software update last week to the 1.9.

The system now lags like a mofo. Takes about 3-5 seconds to switch from audio to menu to climate.

The older software was much more smoother.
Vbx - which version? 1.9......does it have numbers after it or no? I thought the latest was 2.3.7.0646 which is what I have now. Apparently dealership saying theres another...

The intouch app shows 2.3... in the app garage.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Vbx - which version? 1.9......does it have numbers after it or no? I thought the latest was 2.3.7.0646 which is what I have now. Apparently dealership saying theres another...

The intouch app shows 2.3... in the app garage.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Maybe the dealer just stuck it to him a 2nd time. :rolleyes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.