Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The World Car Awards will be awarded at the New York International Auto Show on April 17th, 2014. The Infiniti Q50 is nominated for the 2014 World Car of the Year award. Sure these awards are bogus, but let's entertain them anyway. The award is decided by 69 auto journalists.

Here are the rest of the nominees for the 2014 World Car of the Year:

- Audi A3
- BMW 4-Series
- BMW i3
- Cadillac CTS
- Citroen C4 Picasso
- Ford Fusion / Mondeo
- Infiniti Q50
- Jeep CHerokee
- Lexus IS
- Mazda3
- Peugeot 308
- Skoda Octavia

Which car do you think is going to win the big prize? I could see it being the BMW i3.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I'm amazed a Skoda could make any list of good cars.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
I would love to see the Q50 win something!

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
It would be nice if it won't but the competition is tough!
I am amazed they used the Q50 as the main image. I guess it is a good looking car :) (Although I like the look of CTS coupe)

May the best win!

Just curiosity. It says World Car. What criteria is based on to be the winner?

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'm amazed a Skoda could make any list of good cars.
I have to tell you it is not bad car. I'm originally from Czech so I've driven it quite often. Since they got together with Volkswagen they improved a lot. Check Skoda Superb.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Skoda Superb is as luxurious as a Merc E class, costing only 1/3rd of its price. It even comes with an umbrella like the Rolls Royce.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Skoda Superb is as luxurious as a Merc E class, costing only 1/3rd of its price. It even comes with an umbrella like the Rolls Royce.
Hahaha, there is a reason for that. You should be there at fall. Never ending rains. I don't need it for my Q50 in SoCal. LOL.

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
Worst car launch in history. ;)
I know you were part-joking, but the W220 S-class was far worse IMO. And this is coming from an MB fan.:) That launch, replete with electrical and build quality issues that would make even the Q50 blush, single-handedly destrolyed the reputation of the most storied brand in the industry. It took them a decade of building kickass cars to get it back.:cool:

·
Registered
164 Posts
The criteria used: They go to car forums , specifically look for discussion on the world car of the year award, and see what people say about their particular vehicle in that particular discussion thread. Since everyone so far has stated the Q50 has essentially no chance, they take the Q50 off the list. That simple.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.