Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some help.

My key worked fine yesterday but today I can't unlock my car with the front door handle sensor or push button on the door handle.

When pushing button, it makes to noise to unlock but does not. And to add to it, I can lock the car with the door handle button.

I've changed all the in-touch settings I can find.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Dang that sucks! I would say bring it to your dealer just to be safe!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Yeah make sure all problems are documented by the dealer, so worse comes to worst you'll have the lemon law behind you, especially if it takes them a long time to fix the gremlins in the software. Hopefully it doesn't come to that but better to be safe.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
Also make sure there isn't a setting buried in the in-touch system somewhere.

If it keeps happening it could be a bug. If its not in the in-touch system then that does suck and report it right away!

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
I have the "touch sensitive door sensor" set to ON.

"Lock/unlock by door handle" is ON.

Also "selective door unlock" set to ON.

Any other setting?
That's the one I'm talking about...sounds like you need to take it to dealer..

·
Registered
106 Posts
having this exact same problem. Going to the dealership in the morning. What was your solution?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
having this exact same problem. Going to the dealership in the morning. What was your solution?
The service guys could not say why handle sensor quit working after running diagnostics, but they got it back operating by disconnecting battery for 30-40 minutes then reconnecting it.

Helpful information - when door handle sensor is turned on, simply pushing the button on door handle will not unlock car. You must unlock it via the door handle sensor.

Also, once you hear the handle unlock from the sensor you can unlock all doors by pushing button as you pull handle. Or you can set hand sensor to unlock all doors at once. Works on driver and passenger door.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.