Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We purchased the Q50 because we loved our G35X so much. When we purchased the Q50 in early October 2013, we knew there were issues with the computer system. The salesperson told us that there would be a fix in November and we would be contacted. During October and November, we experienced a range of issues with the navigation system and one touch system. We had to reboot the system almost every time we drove the car. We were not contacted for the fix in November or December and we started to experience many steering issues. My wife contacted the Pittsburgh Infiniti dealer and was told that there was no fix available at this time, it was suggested that she contact the corporate office for clarification. Corporate said that there was no fix, but that our Q50 had been identified for a recall. We found the recall information on the internet and the shocking part was that the NHTSA said not to drive the car until it is fixed. We also found out that corporate knew of the steering issue since November 2013, but never notified us. I guess they were waiting for someone to be killed by the steering problem before taking action. After many calls to the Pittsburgh Infiniti dealer and corporate office, we found that no one wanted to take responsibility for the problem. It was not until we went to the dealer with the car that they agreed to fix the problem and suddenly the fix was available. I will most likely never buy another Infiniti and I can only recommend that everyone stay away from the Infiniti Q-series. As of today, we have not had any other issues, but I am still very nervous that it really isn't fixed.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yep, that's the deal .... I have all the same issues you have with Infiniti. My DAS software has been updated twice, and I've had the steering issue twice as well. Today it was 5 degrees and low and behold I had no issues with the steering this morning. The so-called software fix in the 2nd version of the DAS software is to wait longer for the DAS self test to complete. Previously the self test would not return an "all good" fast enough so the car would think it was dead so it would fall back to fail safe mode, read limited steering at best. Now the system waits longer in hopes to not error and go into fail over mode. What a stupid way to fix an issue with slow response....

Reactions: jlw

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Sorry, I can't read walls of text very well...Let me try and break this down so I can better digest this.

We purchased the Q50 because we loved our G35X so much. When we purchased the Q50 in early October 2013, we knew there were issues with the computer system. The salesperson told us that there would be a fix in November and we would be contacted.

During October and November, we experienced a range of issues with the navigation system and one touch system. We had to reboot the system almost every time we drove the car. We were not contacted for the fix in November or December and we started to experience many steering issues.

My wife contacted the Pittsburgh Infiniti dealer and was told that there was no fix available at this time, it was suggested that she contact the corporate office for clarification. Corporate said that there was no fix, but that our Q50 had been identified for a recall. We found the recall information on the internet and the shocking part was that the NHTSA said not to drive the car until it is fixed. We also found out that corporate knew of the steering issue since November 2013, but never notified us. I guess they were waiting for someone to be killed by the steering problem before taking action.

After many calls to the Pittsburgh Infiniti dealer and corporate office, we found that no one wanted to take responsibility for the problem. It was not until we went to the dealer with the car that they agreed to fix the problem and suddenly the fix was available. I will most likely never buy another Infiniti and I can only recommend that everyone stay away from the Infiniti Q-series. As of today, we have not had any other issues, but I am still very nervous that it really isn't fixed.
So many of the same issues and experiences like this piling up makes it very difficult for guys like me that have not had any issues with his car. I almost feel guilty about it!

What trim/type of Q50 do you have?

and in my eyes, this scenario/case shouldn't keep you from buying another Infiniti in general in the future--but rather, should be specific to the Q-series sedan from around this model year. I can't picture a 2014 Q50 having any sort of strong correlation in its launch and consumer affairs management with say, a 2020 Q70. At that point the two cars would be so different it would be an apples and oranges comparison.

It's like, if you went to a McDonald's in Indiana five years ago and they messed up your order, that doesn't mean that the McDonald's in New Jersey is going to do the same thing next week just because they're ran by the same company.

I can't assume to know what's going on with the Q50 and where there might be a lack of transparency across the value stream of Infiniti overall but if I were running things, I wouldn't accept this. I'd think there'd be at least some consistency in what their story is so that people won't feel like they've been duped when Infiniti says one thing but does another! I mean, who really gets held accountable in this case? When are we going to get the whole story?

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Rpa00411- jury is in , you bought the Q50 and so did 3000 people a month since August
Rpa00411's first post and all is bad with Q50- I wonder what configuration of Q50 you have?
I have had mine since Sept build in July with zero issues. This is 8th Infiniti and won't be last for sure.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Rpa00411- jury is in , you bought the Q50 and so did 3000 people a month since August
Rpa00411's first post and all is bad with Q50- I wonder what configuration of Q50 you have?
I have had mine since Sept build in July with zero issues. This is 8th Infiniti and won't be last for sure.
Or you just have low standards? Everyone knows inTouch has it's issues. But you say it's perfect?

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Or you just have low standards? Everyone knows inTouch has it's issues. But you say it's perfect?
VBX you can't argue with me as it's my 8th Infiniti (that's a real top standard in any one's book :p or go ask Infiniti) and I have seen your posts in FB, here in the forum so please work your problems out with Infiniti Dealer or Infiniti Consumer Affairs or hire a professional to fight for your case if you have any, venting out here in the forum will actually won't get you any where.

I have had zero (00000.00) issue with my Q50 so far. Yes, it's perfect driving machine, I don't need or care about all the apps, as it's dangerous for you and fellow drivers if you use them while driving.
I have smart phone and computer for using apps if I have to.

If I have issues- I work it out with concern party not with strangers on the street or on public forum. Won't get you nothing. Please enjoy what you can as life is short.

Good Luck to you.

·
Registered
8 Posts
VBX you can't argue with me as it's my 8th Infiniti (that's a real top standard in any one's book :p or go ask Infiniti) and I have seen your posts in FB, here in the forum so please work your problems out with Infiniti Dealer or Infiniti Consumer Affairs or hire a professional to fight for your case if you have any, venting out here in the forum will actually won't get you any where.

I have had zero (00000.00) issue with my Q50 so far. Yes, it's perfect driving machine, I don't need or care about all the apps, as it's dangerous for you and fellow drivers if you use them while driving.
I have smart phone and computer for using apps if I have to.

If I have issues- I work it out with concern party not with strangers on the street or on public forum. Won't get you nothing. Please enjoy what you can as life is short.

Good Luck to you.
Well said.... :D

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Ok, VBX, why do you have to disparage people on here just for sharing their positive experiences on the car?

You're the one spending so much of your free time on a forum about a car you hate, Master Member.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I bought my first Q50s with DAS in Nov with a July build date. I experienced a slow intouch and my steering locked twice . I told my dealer I don't want the car, find me one without DAS. (It sucks cause I really love the system but will wait til Infiniti works out the kinks and will buy another one. My dealer had the car in 3 days and I have to say I do miss DAS but will live without it for now. The build date is Oct and I'm experiencing no lag what so ever in the intouch it operates perfect. I myself have had 8 Infiniti's and have never had a problem with any of them. Never once did I have to bring any of the cars to the dealer for anything other than an oil change. With that said, I feel Infiniti has been good to me and won't give up on them.

·
Registered
251 Posts
If my iPad, iPhone, iMac, MacBook has bad days then the In Touch will definitely have it's bad days plus a few more. Let's face it, it's an electronic device.

My Q50 mechanically on the other hand is fantastic. I see the Q50 as a mechanical machine with a smart device that has its glitches.

I can't comment on the DAS since I elected to not have it because I don't trust the technology.

BTW I'm a jury of one and the Q50 is an excellent CAR. I don't see it as an iPhone with wheels, if I did then I would be disappointed.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
For those who disagree with the drivel that vbx has put out, don't you know that he has to be right about everything, and that makes YOU wrong about everything. For some reason, a clip of Dirty Harry comes to mind: "He's a legend in his own mind.";):D

·
Registered
45 Posts
i have had the same issues and crazy that my car didn't get fixed even with the recall...infiniti is puzzled and are sending out the engineers now...but if you have issues call consumer affairs...they will work with you on stuff.

·
Registered
84 Posts
i have had the same issues and crazy that my car didn't get fixed even with the recall...infiniti is puzzled and are sending out the engineers now...but if you have issues call consumer affairs...they will work with you on stuff.
Well they certainly didn't work with me, basically told me to pound sand when I asked them to buy my car back. I have never been so disappointed in a car company, this is my first and last Infiniti. Beyond the BS you get from Infiniti consumer affairs, I think the car is a little lower quality than I expected it to be for $60k. Mine is just over 2 months old and one of the floormat clips broke as did the cup holder retainer and the mount for the first aid kit in the trunk. Cheap plastic parts in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, I like the car but it's not turing out to be the high end sport luxury car I expected it to be.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Well they certainly didn't work with me, basically told me to pound sand when I asked them to buy my car back. I have never been so disappointed in a car company, this is my first and last Infiniti. Beyond the BS you get from Infiniti consumer affairs, I think the car is a little lower quality than I expected it to be for $60k. Mine is just over 2 months old and one of the floormat clips broke as did the cup holder retainer and the mount for the first aid kit in the trunk. Cheap plastic parts in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, I like the car but it's not turing out to be the high end sport luxury car I expected it to be.
I got the same bone headed response from Infiniti sales manager "Pete of Orange Coast Infiniti". He was a little snide and rude in his response to the BBB. Not sure how these people are able sleep at night.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I got the same bone headed response from Infiniti sales manager "Pete of Orange Coast Infiniti". He was a little snide and rude in his response to the BBB. Not sure how these people are able sleep at night.
why would they buy your car back?

Why are you posting this on a Das type thread.

Looks like dumber than dirt is still working for you.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Trolls confuse Fry.

Attachments

Reactions: andrew

·
Registered
982 Posts
Seriously....? Is this what this forum has come to..? Personal attacks are acceptable here...? Where are the moderators...?
Please don't quote that guy. I have that troll on ignore.

And FYI (to the troll) the bone headed response from Pete was regarding why the price changed on the car after the handshake with the sales guy, to the Financing dept.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.