Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
That complete refresh better be **** good because it will take a lot for me to get another Q50 come lease re-up time.

·
Registered
648 Posts

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
Or the East Coast.
A lot more expensive on the west coast than the east. I remember buying gas @ 0.25 cents/gal...with good 'ole tetraethyl lead in it.

I did a term project in college in my analytical chemistry class, measuring the amount of lead present vs. the distance from roadsides. Quite educational and alarming at the same time. The dust closest to the highways was absolutely loaded with lead while cars driving by would stir up that dust for everyone to breathe. Perhaps that's why my brain is stunted.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Yeah brake dust is an issue in densely populated cities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
Yeah brake dust is an issue in densely populated cities.

That's an asbestos issue and still a problem today.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Basically get as far away from people as you can and you’ll be fine

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
How about copper content? Wouldn’t it be just as bad as asbestos?
Just about as bad as asbestos. Copper and other hazardous substances must be phased out of OEM and replacement brake pads. By 2021, copper must be reduced to 5% or less of total material pad content by weight. By 2025, it must be reduced to 0.5% or less.

·
Registered
360 Posts
We are in the market for a new SUV. The QX50 is a contender for certain. The interior is on par with the Lexus and Cadillac we are also considering. I’m a huge fan of the 2 screen setup especially during long trips. We will probably wait until September to see if a hybrid is offered.
what do you think you can do with it? It is the WORST nav system I have ever seen. It's like have two useless Android 2.1 tablets (that's what those run, btw, Android 2.1 and have never been upgraded and wont be).

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
That complete refresh better be **** good because it will take a lot for me to get another Q50 come lease re-up time.
Don't count on it. I predict Apple Car Play and a few minor changes but nothing drastic enough to keep me in another one. I enjoy the car but I'm just bored at this point. It's time for something else unless they can blow me away next year. The Infiniti dealer near me actually just went out of business.

·
Registered
553 Posts
what do you think you can do with it? It is the WORST nav system I have ever seen. It's like have two useless Android 2.1 tablets (that's what those run, btw, Android 2.1 and have never been upgraded and wont be).
Interesting. I read the manual that came with the car. I have found the nav system to be quite capable. Just this morning in heavy traffic here in Chicago and the north suburbs the system got me exactly where I needed to be, and with a extremely accurate ETA. I use Scout as a backup with similar results.

The 2 screen system allows me to go through my XM stations knowing exactly what song is being played along with my library from my IPhone without losing the map view. Quite impressive.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Don't count on it. I predict Apple Car Play and a few minor changes but nothing drastic enough to keep me in another one. I enjoy the car but I'm just bored at this point. It's time for something else unless they can blow me away next year. The Infiniti dealer near me actually just went out of business.
We thought our former Infiniti dealership went out of business. Only to find out another dealership bought the territory and is building a new facility.

The new Q50 will be a entirely new model.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Everyone can buy gas at $2.50 - 3.00 per gallon? Not on the west coast.
Outstanding point. Unfortunately it takes longer for prices on gas to go down. Oil settled at around $54 today. Only a matter of time before more states see lower gas prices even those with heavy reliance on gas taxes.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Interesting. I read the manual that came with the car. I have found the nav system to be quite capable. Just this morning in heavy traffic here in Chicago and the north suburbs the system got me exactly where I needed to be, and with a extremely accurate ETA. I use Scout as a backup with similar results.

The 2 screen system allows me to go through my XM stations knowing exactly what song is being played along with my library from my IPhone without losing the map view. Quite impressive.

I agree, and the lane guidance is also outstanding, but if I’m driving anywhere there is traffic I have to use waze. I take road trips to lots of places where there is no cell signal for miles. Stock NAV is a must at those times.

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
Outstanding point. Unfortunately it takes longer for prices on gas to go down. Oil settled at around $54 today. Only a matter of time before more states see lower gas prices even those with heavy reliance on gas taxes.
Summer months on the coast means higher gas prices in order to gouge the tourists. Gas won't ever get below $3/gal here. 92 octane non-ETOH gas here is $4.39/gal as of today.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Summer months on the coast means higher gas prices in order to gouge the tourists. Gas won't ever get below $3/gal here. 92 octane non-ETOH gas here is $4.39/gal as of today.
If I did my math right, gas is actually less than where you are, at $3.50 a gallon, as of last night, 93 octane.

·
Registered
553 Posts
It’s horrible how oil companies have raised the cost of higher octane gas. In Illinois the difference was about .20 a gallon between 87 and 93 a few years ago. Now it’s almost a full $1.00.

·
Registered
553 Posts
If I did my math right, gas is actually less than where you are, at $3.50 a gallon, as of last night, 93 octane.
Gas prices vary to the extreme in my area. I live on the edge of Chicago and never buy gas in the city. The city is corrupt and highly taxed to say the least. Chicago gas can run as high as $1.00 more a gallon than a gas station less than a mile away.

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
Sorry to break it to you sir but that's highly unlikely, Canada is planning to reduce supply to the US significantly over the next 2-4 years. Which accounts for about 30% of all US oil products which is going to drive up prices.

Canada will soon be a major competitors with each-other in the international market...assuming we get our freaking BC pipeline built.

Additionally according to internal figures from a few of my previous clients most companies within the industry need to trade product at around $38-$45/US a barrel to maintain profitability. Shale drilling is pretty cheap which has drove down cost but US producers aren't really drilling or constructing additional oil rigs and simply buying up smaller drilling companies. This makes them very vulnerable to supply constraints.

Shale drilling also has a lot of environmental issues and that is going to become more apparent
over the same time-frame and convenient drilling locations will soon be used up. It wouldn't be strange to see average US gas prices jump up by as much as 40% over the next few years.

The US growth of it's oil and gas sector is not sustainable, this exact thing happened in Alberta back in 2014.

21 - 40 of 182 Posts