Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if anyone has raised this before, but it appears to me that Kabuki theater was the inspiration for the Q50 styling theme. This is most noticeable in the head and tail lights.

Check out the attachment. There are many examples available elsewhere. Has Infiniti said anything on this subject?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,755 Posts
Infiniti's head of design lives in a house facing the sea. He said he gets alot of inspiration from the beach and sea creatures, which is easy to see. If you look closely at the radiating lines in the head and taillights, you will see a nautilus shell. I did a halfway decent breakdown of his design philosophy a few months back.

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
Please excuse this "lesson," but I couldn't help but think of this after reading afrosheen's post. When I was teaching Geometry, I would use things like the nautilus shell, honey comb and sunflower to introduce the Golden Mean, which occurs over and over again in nature. The Greeks thought it to be the most perfect ratio, and the Parthenon is constructed with those dimensions(The Mona Lisa is painted with the same ratio). Here is an article, for those who might be interested, which goes into a thorough explanation of it.

Sacred Geometry of the Nautilus Shell

I hope I'm not getting off the subject too far, but the Japanese are well known for using nature in their designs.

·
Premium Member
3,018 Posts
I hope I'm not getting off the subject too far, but the Japanese are well known for using nature in their designs.
Humans have been using nature in their designs for all kind of products for millenniums. Where Nature and Science meets- Its called perfection.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.