Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Black Q50 premium with navigation (lease) and I was wondering if it is worth getting new wheels for it because I really don't like the stock ones. I really want to get the Vossen Cv5's and I got a quote on them with goodyear tires for 2575.00. Do you think I Should change the rims on a leased car?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Sure thing if you prefer the look of the custom wheels. Just hang on to the stock wheels and tires. Put them back on when it is time to turn the car back in.

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
It makes no financial sense whatsoever. But why should that stop you.

Do what you want. At the end of the lease, put the stock wheels back on and either use the nice ones on your next Infiniti, or sell them on this forum.

There, you now have the forum's blessing to spend two and a half grand on new shoes.

Reactions: bbrowne

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have a Black Q50 premium with navigation (lease) and I was wondering if it is worth getting new wheels for it because I really don't like the stock ones. I really want to get the Vossen Cv5's and I got a quote on them with goodyear tires for 2575.00. Do you think I Should change the rims on a leased car?
i say you go for it. Im guessing the lease is for quite a few months. enjoy the car, wheels you can always sell or keep for your next car.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Wow a quote with tires for 2575... may i ask where you're looking to purchase from? In canada the cheapest i've been able to find vossens are 2400 for 20x9,20x10.5 CV7s without tires.

I'd recommend the CV7s though, my local dealerships got a Q50 with Cv5s on it, must say the cv7s look nicer on the Q IMO

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I think the classic 5 spoke would look great on almost anything, yet to see one on a Q though

·
Registered
162 Posts
Why the **** a vossen wheels so expensive ? I can understand their forged wheels being pricey but the cast wheels are way to expensive for cast wheels

·
Registered
23 Posts
I was in the same predicament as you. My motivating factor was the run flat tires...I dont like the sound and handling of them. I decided on new wheels and tires. Although my quote for Vossens was outrageous (3400 with tires). I decided on different wheels...Pics to come soon!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Vossens

I couldn't resist even with Leasing to add the tires and wheels of choice ! i have had aftermarket wheels on nearly every vehicle i have had over the past 30 plus years and feel i can sell these once the lease is completed or use on another application . The ride is 100% improved with the new units, now waiting on the AWD coilovers to be perfected.

Attachments

Reactions: CaseVQ

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Why the **** a vossen wheels so expensive ? I can understand their forged wheels being pricey but the cast wheels are way to expensive for cast wheels
Thats vossen for you, i like their wheels but i dont understand why they sell them at almost the cost of forged wheels up in canada. That being said its still cheaper then forged wheels in general and I'd still purchase them, however I'd probably save up and get a set of forged wheels instead.

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
Why are Infinitis so much more expensive than Nissans?
Why does Kastle charge so much more for their skis than everyone else?
Why is a Rolex so much more expensive than a Timex - there's only 3 letters different?
Why is a Vera Wang wedding dress so much more expensive than one from everyone else?

I get a kick out of these sorts of questions. I'd still love a set of CVT's for my car. I'm a cheap-a$$ so that's not likely to happen any time soon. But if the Vossen folks would like me to be a poster child for their wheels in NorCal and park my Venetian Ruby Q50 in front of our dealership with their wheels every day, I'd definitely be up for being a "sponsored athlete" for them :cool:

·
Registered
444 Posts
I couldn't resist even with Leasing to add the tires and wheels of choice ! i have had aftermarket wheels on nearly every vehicle i have had over the past 30 plus years and feel i can sell these once the lease is completed or use on another application . The ride is 100% improved with the new units, now waiting on the AWD coilovers to be perfected.
Nice 1970 Mach-1 back there in the garage. My 69 sits next to my q50s.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Ill give my 2 cents. I personally dropped 2K for my wheels and its a lease. Totally changes the car. How it looks and drives. I dont regret getting my wheels whatsoever. just make sure you KEEP YOUR STOCK WHEELS. Or your going to be hating life. Do NOT sell them off.

Reactions: 944Nick84

·
Registered
43 Posts
Be careful with those open spoke wheels as it may not look good with the smaller brake rotors on the premium package...I swapped out my stock 17s with the 19 inch stock sport rims and it looks good.

·
Registered
45 Posts
nice setup what size wheels, offset and tires are running?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.