Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Infiniti Q50 made the shortlist for the North American Car of the Year. The shortlit will be narrowed down to 3 finalists in December, and then jurors will make a final vote before the prize is awarded at the North American International Auto Show in January.

Here is the entire shortlist:

BMW 4-Series
Cadillac CTS
Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
Chevrolet Impala
Infiniti Q50
Jaguar F-Type
Kia Cadenza
Lexus IS
Mazda3
Mazda6
Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class
Toyota Corolla

Do you think that the Q50 can win the whole thing? Will it even make the top 3?

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
The Impala will make it - it's such a huge improvement over the previous model, and the NACOY always rewards game-changers, which probably eliminates the BMW, which is really just a 3 series in new clothes. They might consider the Corolla, again because it is so radically different. That's the only chance the Q50 has of making the short list.

·
Premium Member
1,347 Posts
That C7 is gonna be hard to beat. Would be highly surprised if it doesn't win.

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
The Q50 won't win simply because Infiniti as a brand has so many haters.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just don't get how you can compare a Mazda3 to a BMW 4-Series and a Jaguar F-Type. Not to mention an Impala or a Corolla. In what world is a Corolla a better car than a 4-Series or an F-Type?

If I got one vote, I would give it to the F-Type.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
I just don't get how you can compare a Mazda3 to a BMW 4-Series and a Jaguar F-Type. Not to mention an Impala or a Corolla. In what world is a Corolla a better car than a 4-Series or an F-Type?

If I got one vote, I would give it to the F-Type.
That's not how the comparisons work.

They don't compare the cars directly with one another. It's more of an impact that they have to their segment and what they're doing to improve on standards or innovations in their respective market(s).

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
That's not how the comparisons work.

They don't compare the cars directly with one another. It's more of an impact that they have to their segment and what they're doing to improve on standards or innovative in their respective market(s).
And that is why the Stingray will win.

Ferrari performance for ~$60k out the door? With reports of excellent interior fit and finish, and standard carbon fiber roof and hood? Yeah, no contest.

·
Registered
243 Posts
The Q50 won't win simply because Infiniti as a brand has so many haters.
Yes, so far the press has been brutal to the Q50 and they seem to be in love with American cars now that they are improving (after taking ONLY 30-40 years). I think they are forgetting or purposely ignoring the Japanese brands which were the ones to finally get the American car industry off its fat, lazy ass.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Yes, so far the press has been brutal to the Q50 and they seem to be in love with American cars now that they are improving (after taking ONLY 30-40 years). I think they are forgetting or purposely ignoring the Japanese brands which were the ones to finally get the American car industry off its fat, lazy ass.
Depending on how you look at it, I don't think the Q50 has been "brutalized" in the reviews. More like, people are shocked that the car wasn't being praised for being perfect in every review so they focus too heavily on what the reviewers didn't like and not enough on what they did like.

You can't blame them---the compact/mid luxury performance sedan segment is a very unique and competitive market.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.