Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Nice find! Thanks for sharing! :)

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Glad people are jazzed for this!

So I've been reading through some of the manuals and have a few quick thoughts.

1. I'm still confused about the reasoning behind calling the intelligent cruise control and the distance control assist two different things. Am I missing something or is the DCA just a function of the ICC and what it has done all along except adding the emergency braking?

2. Voice commands seem similar to the current nav. The Caddy CUE system has Siri-like address entry. Can't really tell from the manual if you have to step through addresses or if you can just say the address and have the Nav recognize.

3. Didn't notice in any info that there was HD radio. Not a big deal since I've never had it but the Q does have this capability.

4. The system does read text messages out loud. Skimmed so I couldn't see if the was an automatic setting or not but it looks like you have to acknowledge the text and then select a soft key to read it out loud. Seems like you might be able to just read it more quickly?? Not knocking it - just not sure.

5. I missed any mention of Siri access with the voice control button. I thought I read somewhere that it does have this but not sure.

6. Compatible phone list includes all of the iPhones up to 5! Infiniti has always bugged out of fixing any issues that were iPhone related saying they weren't listed as compatible phones. Yay!

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Glad people are jazzed for this!
1. I'm still confused about the reasoning behind calling the intelligent cruise control and the distance control assist two different things. Am I missing something or is the DCA just a function of the ICC and what it has done all along except adding the emergency braking?
the distance control assist: sets the distance how far your car will stay from car in front (three bars, 2 bars, 1 bar)
the intelligent cruise control : sets the speed and controls brakes.
This was the best feature when it came out in 2005, :)driving becomes pleasure:D

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Not sure if this is common knowledge, but I found it a cool feature that was shared at my local reveal:

If you remember and actually utilize their Infiniti Personal Assistant (free benefit) and ask them, for example, to make a reservation at a restaurant, not only will they make the reservation, but they will ping the address directly to your navigation system so you do not have to even look it up or type it in the system.

Of course, I have never used the service as I forget it exists but I'm assuming it's one of the apps that will be automatically installed on the second touch screen.

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Oh and I REALLY hope they have improved the hands free speakerphone in the car. I can NEVER use it because people complain that they cannot hear me well enough. They sound crystal clear to me but they say the noise from the road is too loud to hear me (ummm and yes I have the windows closed! ha).

·
Registered
42 Posts
Not sure if this is common knowledge, but I found it a cool feature that was shared at my local reveal:

If you remember and actually utilize their Infiniti Personal Assistant (free benefit) and ask them, for example, to make a reservation at a restaurant, not only will they make the reservation, but they will ping the address directly to your navigation system so you do not have to even look it up or type it in the system.

Of course, I have never used the service as I forget it exists but I'm assuming it's one of the apps that will be automatically installed on the second touch screen.

I'm sure it will be there no reason for them to remove it simply because it's a paid subscription ones the trial expires.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Oh and I REALLY hope they have improved the hands free speakerphone in the car. I can NEVER use it because people complain that they cannot hear me well enough. They sound crystal clear to me but they say the noise from the road is too loud to hear me (ummm and yes I have the windows closed! ha).

Never had a problem with mine I did however had to get the the Iphone 5 interface updated cus it was giving me problems. Brought it to the dealer and complained about it and they upgraded with no problem. Now the phone works just fine.

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
While I have not test driven the Q50, I did sit in it while the engine was running. The car is incredibly quiet when running and the windows closed. My wife and i were amazed because we were comparing it to the Audi A6 we had test driven few weeks before that.

The Q50 is library-level quiet. That may change during actual driving, though, since I have not driven the Q50 yet.

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts

Personal Assistant is included for four years.

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
I'm sure it will be there no reason for them to remove it simply because it's a paid subscription ones the trial expires.
Because I live in Nashville, the VP of Nissan was at the reveal and spoke of this service. He indicated (and confirmed when questioned by an audience member) that the Personal Assistant benefit is a free not paid subscription moving forward in the Q. Sooo we shall see!

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
The hybrid has Active Noise Control - I wonder if that would solve the problem of not being able to hear well.
I'm not getting the Hybrid though. My whole "reasoning" for moving to the Q50 (or any car) is that I need rear folding seats and that is not an option on the Hybrid. I'm thinking it is because I'm so short (under 5') that although NO ONE has ever accused me from being quiet, my voice just doesn't carry well to the speakers. That's just a huge assumption!! :)

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I pay for the Destination assist and emergency monitoring on my wife's Lexus and we use it a lot. Lock out of nav entry while driving and poor voice integration makes it a blessing. It's also nice when you just need to get going and don't know an address to something and don't have time to look it up. We were heading to a concert, running a little late and I couldn't find the POI name - is there a 'the' in front of the name, etc.

Just called in, they looked it up, sent it to our nav and we were good to go.

Looking forward to having this on the Q! It would be great if it is included for 4 years!

Reactions: Infiniti Chick
1 - 20 of 115 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.