Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that we have gotten to the far side of the major auto shows, the amount of attention being paid to many of the upcoming models by the media has tapered off a bit. This is to be expected because until they have been able to drive the vehicles, there is not much to say. Right? Well this is not the case for just about all of the upcoming models except the Q50.

Case in point, I received the May issue of Automobile magazine today. The feature on the cover is a preview of 24 of the cars that will be arriving in the next 24 months. I just knew that the Q50 would be featured among them considering all of the work that Infiniti has poured into the Q50. It was not. The Lexus IS was there. So were the Mini Cooper and Buick Riviera of all things. I just do not get it. Is this a preview of things to come? I sure hope not. The Q50 looks to be a great vehicle from everything I have seen and read. I just hope the media gets its act together and recognizes that once they do the reviews.

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Wow that's really weird. After seeing the Q50 at quite a few 2013 auto shows, where it seemed production ready, i though we'd expect to see it featured in something like Automotive magazine along with it's competitors.

I guess this might confirm that Infiniti is not ready to roll out the production model infiniti Q50, otherwise they would not miss out on this opportunity.

·
Registered
34 Posts
While at the grocery store last week briefly perused an article in one of the major car mags ?Motor Trend perhaps? which discussed Q50 vs IS but I have not been able to find the article online.

·
Registered
67 Posts
The media has been really quiet when it comes to the Q50. I just did a website search on Motortrend and it only came up with one article.

I'm sure there will be more once media starts to get their hands on the Q50.

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am sure there will be more articles coming but this has been a very slow debut considering the car will be on the streets in 3 months. They need to have more dealer events like the upcoming one in Chicago.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Everyone knows that Infiniti is one of those manufacturers that these big auto magazines and shows loove to ignore. It's quite blatant too.

A lot of them act as if Infiniti doesn't exist and they've been extremely consistent about it. In this segment, they only ever care about is BMW, Audi, Benz, and Lexus--and that's about it.

I'm not sure if it's about demand or brand recognition but it sure as **** isn't about performance or quality because on every test drive or track review, the Infiniti almost always performs just as well if not, better than the competition, so I'm seriously at a loss.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I'm not sure if it's about demand or brand recognition but it sure as **** isn't about performance or quality because on every test drive or track review, the Infiniti almost always performs just as well if not, better than the competition, so I'm seriously at a loss.
If brand recognition will push price higher I don't want it :)

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
Thats not entirely true. I've read many G35 and G37 reviews and comparisons in the past.

It is up to Infiniti if they want to give their cars to magazines to review. It's not up to the magazine.

Maybe Infiniti just isn't giving their cars out as quickly..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Lexus gave select media members access to their IS test mules to tear around a autocross. Infiniti meanwhile, has been very tight liped with the Q50. There are only a handful of them in the US right now (usually pre-full bore production vehicles) until the ships get here with the final production ready vehicles.

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
Infiniti will host drive events as well - just a question of when.

I know this week some dealers are getting the opportunity to go drive them at the Texas Speedway

·
Registered
26 Posts
some of my co workers already had the chance to drive. They came back yesterday talking about how it was night and day with anything currently on the market.

I;ll have to wailt till later today to get the chance to really talk with them about the drive

·
Registered
40 Posts
Infiniti will host drive events as well - just a question of when.

I know this week some dealers are getting the opportunity to go drive them at the Texas Speedway
This is correct.

I believe it's some big test drive event where Infiniti dealers, the media and some others will get to test the Q50's on the track. Event goes on till the 26th so I think we should expect to see some information from the testing next monday or when ever Infiniti gives everyone the green light to post their content.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
some of my co workers already had the chance to drive. They came back yesterday talking about how it was night and day with anything currently on the market.

I;ll have to wailt till later today to get the chance to really talk with them about the drive
Wait---what co-workers?

When was this? Where were they driving it?

·
Registered
38 Posts

Are you able to tell us when the press ban will be lifted?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts