Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Any pics? Wierd! Is Costco now affiliated with infiniti? Hehehe!

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Any pics? Wierd! Is Costco now affiliated with infiniti? Hehehe!
Not weird, what it means you get better price if buy in large quantity - Costco style. Infiniti seems to be going after mainstream market besides their G fans. I was there today and saw it & ignored the Q50 because of it's suppose to be a surprise gift for my other half.:p

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
We do Costco pricing for most Infiniti models. Ironically, I don't think we have Costco pricing yet for the Q50. But I believe we put one on display at one of the local Costco warehouse stores. We typically have a car at one or two of the 4-5 local Costcos. Costco pricing is usually pretty close to VPP, and you don't have to haggle with your salesperson for an hour to get to that number.

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
We do Costco pricing for most Infiniti models. Ironically, I don't think we have Costco pricing yet for the Q50. But I believe we put one on display at one of the local Costco warehouse stores. We typically have a car at one or two of the 4-5 local Costcos. Costco pricing is usually pretty close to VPP, and you don't have to haggle with your salesperson for an hour to get to that number.
Well how do you get a Costco deal? Just by being a Costco member? If it will save me good money, I'll become one fo' sho'!!!

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
Sinecure, is that just for your dealership or does Infiniti in general everywhere have Costco pricing?

Reactions: chicagokevo

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
:-o Who knew I would finally have a reason to buy a Costco membership :p (not really, unless I can really get a deal)...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: CarolinaQ50

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
Q50 doesn't show on the Costco website as an available vehicle right now.

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
I don't want to speak for Sinecure but, like most local businesses, dealers probably don't like having to sell through the Costco model.

A. The dealers make less (usually) than they would if an unarmed buyer went into their showroom and
B. the sales people usually get paid on a percent of the profit so that goes down as well

I think it's a great offering for customers (assuming the prices are really pre-negotiated and better than one could normally do n their own) but not so sure about the dealers perspective.

It's a shame the whole system is set up like such a horse trade. The whole process just irks me to no end. I always try to be respectful of the dealers and salespeople and don't begrudge them the opportunity to make a profit. Heck, I want them around to sell me my next Infiniti and service this one!

Too many buyers look at things as one sided and too many dealers do as well. If a buyer is uneducated, they get screwed. It's really a shame. In the banking world, that would smell of fair lending violations but with a car purchase it's caveat emptor and in my opinion,with all of the information on the internet these days it really shouldn't happen.

I think car buying scares a lot of people too and that may keep them from researching as much.

Ok, sorry for the rant. My point was, I wouldn't expect Sinecure to start taking Costco orders from everyone right now. There's margin to be made on this car early on and if we're willing to pay it, the dealers and salespeople are willing to accept it - and I think that's fair.

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
I don't want to speak for Sinecure but, like most local businesses, dealers probably don't like having to sell through the Costco model.

A. The dealers make less (usually) than they would if an unarmed buyer went into their showroom and
B. the sales people usually get paid on a percent of the profit so that goes down as well

I think it's a great offering for customers (assuming the prices are really pre-negotiated and better than one could normally do n their own) but not so sure about the dealers perspective.

It's a shame the whole system is set up like such a horse trade. The whole process just irks me to no end. I always try to be respectful of the dealers and salespeople and don't begrudge them the opportunity to make a profit. Heck, I want them around to sell me my next Infiniti and service this one!

Too many buyers look at things as one sided and too many dealers do as well. If a buyer is uneducated, they get screwed. It's really a shame. In the banking world, that would smell of fair lending violations but with a car purchase it's caveat emptor and in my opinion,with all of the information on the internet these days it really shouldn't happen.

I think car using seas a lot of people too and that may keep them from researching as much.

Ok, sorry for the rant. My point was, I wouldn't expect Sinecure to start taking Costco orders from everyone right now. There's margin to be made on this car early on and if we're willing to pay it, the dealers and salespeople are willing to accept it - and I think that's fair.
I appreciate your input and I do see your point, however he did respond about it on this thread, hence why I joked that we are waiting for further response. I am not one to screw anyone over and usually go well out of my way to ensure that doesn't happen in all aspects of my life, and am a proponent of random acts of kindness and am an official "ambassador" of recognition with my company. So please understand I am not trying to take money away from Sinecure, not just because he is over 2,000 miles away either, but am just very curious of this option. I've made it no secret that my local dealership will not get my business but the out of state rep will unless there are issues with the out of state situation and/or he can't get me the car I finally order at a price I've told him that I'm willing to pay.

Besides, lets face it, the chances of Costco having the combination that I finally decide on is unlikely considering there isn't even one out of the 499 listed on Cars.com yet. Haha

Reactions: CarolinaQ50

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
Sorry InfinitiChick's - I wasn't calling you out - just commenting on the whole Costco thing.

It's like the HomeDepot installers for things like carpeting. That is almost a loss leader for them to pay their staff when they get slow but the demands from the Depot are pretty high. Many don't stick around with those programs because its hard to make money on them.

I was just pointing out that the dealers probably don't want to do volume in Costco deals.

I could be way wrong though so I'd like to hear from Sinecure as well :)

Reactions: Infiniti Chick
1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.