Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Managed to find some time to clean up the car and get a few pictures snapped by a friend. Figured i would share.

Anyone else from the Nashville TN vicinity please feel free to post up what you have as well.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
780 Posts
Great photos. I'm not a fan of orange lights (trying hard to get rid of the orange in my headlights! - lol) but it does make good contrast on a black car. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Car looks great.

What are your wheel and tire specs?

Edit: found your specs through post history

"Side note - They do not fit without jumping through a few hoops."

What are these hoops? camber and fender pull?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Car looks great.

What are your wheel and tire specs?

Edit: found your specs through post history

"Side note - They do not fit without jumping through a few hoops."

What are these hoops? camber and fender pull?
Thanks for the compliments.

Wheels: Varrsteon ES2 powdercoated Galaxy Grey
19x9.5/19x10.5 +22

Tires: Continental Extreme Contact Sports
245/35 19 Front 265/3519 Rear

hoops: I had to run 7mm spacers with extended studs up front to clear the brakes. Also yes it required me to pull both the front and rear with a little extra roll on the rear. As for camber, I am running on the factory components at the moment set at around ± 1.8 and ± 2.2 degrees of camber, pending ride height settings. If i could go back in time, the +12 offset available on these wheels would have worked better on the front ...... I believe.

Also, it is on BC Racing BR Coilovers and is a 2015 RWD model. Best part is that it handles my 100 + mile daily commute like a champ!

Tony

·
Premium Member
1,769 Posts
Thank you for not putting black wheels on it, tinting the taillights, and no limo tint on the windows, thus making it look like a cheap toy car injection molded out of one color.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Car looks great and I love the photos. Keep them coming!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Thanks for the compliments.

Wheels: Varrsteon ES2 powdercoated Galaxy Grey
19x9.5/19x10.5 +22

Tires: Continental Extreme Contact Sports
245/35 19 Front 265/3519 Rear

hoops: I had to run 7mm spacers with extended studs up front to clear the brakes. Also yes it required me to pull both the front and rear with a little extra roll on the rear. As for camber, I am running on the factory components at the moment set at around ± 1.8 and ± 2.2 degrees of camber, pending ride height settings. If i could go back in time, the +12 offset available on these wheels would have worked better on the front ...... I believe.

Also, it is on BC Racing BR Coilovers and is a 2015 RWD model. Best part is that it handles my 100 + mile daily commute like a champ!

Tony
You dialed in the fitment, perfectly. Most people cannot pull of the 10.5 + 22 fitment in the rear.

Is there any body work whatsoever? Or, just a fender roller.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for not putting black wheels on it, tinting the taillights, and no limo tint on the windows, thus making it look like a cheap toy car injection molded out of one color.
Your very welcome. I felt the color matched trim was as black as I desired to go. Limo tint and tinted tails just has never really got me excited..... plus i enjoy seeing out of my car at night. With that said, lots of cars pull it off.

I was honestly a little discouraged when the first reply pointed out their dislike for one of my favorite things I have done to the car (amber signals all around). I guess I am a fan of anything OEM inspired and not heavily replicated.

Thanks

Car looks great and I love the photos. Keep them coming!
Thanks you! I have had a few other people in the area reach out to me for some pictures and definitely will share more as they come in.

You dialed in the fitment, perfectly. Most people cannot pull of the 10.5 + 22 fitment in the rear.

Is there any body work whatsoever? Or, just a fender roller.
I appreciate that. I trolled the forums for the past few months and was shocked at how many senior members confidently preached that any remotely low offsets would not fit at all. I believe fitment is almost specific to each car individually.

As for body work, I just used a fender roller on the rear (somewhat liberally) to flare the arch out a tad. I wish I could flare out the rear fenders a little more, but am limited by the plastic rear bumper. I did have to remove my brakes to work the roller all the way around.

As for the front, a small rubber mallet to bend up the inner fender well tab at the top and some gentle pulling with heat and my hands was it. Key was to go slow and take my time.

Thanks again for the compliments guys.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I was honestly a little discouraged when the first reply pointed out their dislike for one of my favorite things I have done to the car (amber signals all around). I guess I am a fan of anything OEM inspired and not heavily replicated.

Thanks

Thanks again for the compliments guys.
Hey, so sorry tonyo. I honestly didn't mean to insult at all. I just personally don't like orange/amber lights and, when I get a new car, one of the first mods I do is get rid of any I can (Maxima, S4). I like the look of clear or smoked lenses. But that's totally just me. The important thing is that you like your lights, not some lame potato head from Murrieta CA! It's your car. Again, sorry about that and your car is awesome. And your picture taking skills are very impressive!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey, so sorry tonyo. I honestly didn't mean to insult at all. I just personally don't like orange/amber lights and, when I get a new car, one of the first mods I do is get rid of any I can (Maxima, S4). I like the look of clear or smoked lenses. But that's totally just me. The important thing is that you like your lights, not some lame potato head from Murrieta CA! It's your car. Again, sorry about that and your car is awesome. And your picture taking skills are very impressive!
All is good my man. No disrespect taken. In all honesty, I guess I am impressed you noticed that since most people never even mention them.

Everyone's style is their own for a reason. My goal is to try and do things to set the car apart. cant begin to tell you how many nights i have spent taping cardboard to my cars over the years. I've got some big plans for reworking the front splitter and giving the side and rear a touch of z-car influence also.

Wish i could take credit for the pictures, but I will indeed forward that to my buddy Dalton (his 350z is pictured). Thanks again for the compliments.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Outstanding!

That front end looks amazing. Awesome shine on that baby also.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice ride!

I'm also in the middle TN area, there's a pretty bad ass fully loaded Q60 in my area too.

Source: https://www.infinitiq60.org/forum/new-member-introductions/16228-new-2019-q60-rs400-awd-tn.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M84gh2vlq-g
Nice, Ill have to keep my eyes out for you guys. I live in Lebanon/work in Franklin but am all over the eastern side of the state with my job

Outstanding!

That front end looks amazing. Awesome shine on that baby also.
Thanks bud, lots and lots of waxing! Now if i could only manage to keep my two year olds hand prints off of it, id be in good shape.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Managed to find some time to clean up the car and get a few pictures snapped by a friend. Figured i would share.

Anyone else from the Nashville TN vicinity please feel free to post up what you have as well.

Enjoy!
Beautiful car and awesome pics. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Nice, Ill have to keep my eyes out for you guys. I live in Lebanon/work in Franklin but am all over the eastern side of the state with my job

Haha! I may have seen you. Here's some recent pics I haven't done anything to the car yet been working too much lol! And traffic just keeps getting worse with everyone moving here we're getting bad drivers from every state lol!

This picture might be huge, I don't know how to scale it on this forum site.

·
Registered
553 Posts

Thanks bud, lots and lots of waxing! Now if i could only manage to keep my two year olds hand prints off of it, id be in good shape.

LOL you’re in for at least a few more years of hand prints. Enjoy your Q50 and keep her shining.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Haha! I may have seen you. Here's some recent pics I haven't done anything to the car yet been working too much lol! And traffic just keeps getting worse with everyone moving here we're getting bad drivers from every state lol!

This picture might be huge, I don't know how to scale it on this forum site.

Dude, what wheels are those??? They look just like my Titan7's.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Dude, what wheels are those??? They look just like my Titan7's.

They are Titan7! Lol if I could go back I'd get the 18 X 10.5 but they're all 18 X 9.5 +40

It looks like they'll clear a BBK/Akebono upgrade too, I can't wait to put them on! Still finishing up the paint

·
Registered
780 Posts
They are Titan7! Lol if I could go back I'd get the 18 X 10.5 but they're all 18 X 9.5 +40

It looks like they'll clear a BBK/Akebono upgrade too, I can't wait to put them on! Still finishing up the paint

How rad! Mine are 10.5" rear and 9.5" front. R19. I've been very lazy and they are still stacked in my garage! I'll get them on this week. I have an appointment to program the TPMSs at American Tire Depot on Saturday - so I have to get them on before then!

Titan told me I was the first to buy these!!! I guess not!

Crud, can't see pics at work. Will look tonight.

·
Registered
255 Posts
How rad! Mine are 10.5" rear and 9.5" front. R19. I've been very lazy and they are still stacked in my garage! I'll get them on this week. I have an appointment to program the TPMSs at American Tire Depot on Saturday - so I have to get them on before then!

Titan told me I was the first to buy these!!! I guess not!

Crud, can't see pics at work. Will look tonight.

Actually they might be right lol! You might be the first person to buy it for the Q50 infiniti, because I bought mine through Subispeed (An aftermarket website for WRX's and STI's)

I bought it from them because, on the Titan7 website....you couldn't get them in a specific size if that makes sense. For example for the Q50 you can only get them in 19 X 9.5 and 19 X 10.5 on their website. They also didn't have much configuration set ups on their website around that time.

https://www.infinitiq50.org/forum/wheels-tires-brakes-suspension/124639-forged-titan7-ts5-18x9-5-40-a.html

1 - 20 of 27 Posts