Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried to see how the Q50 would look like with a rear diffuser! Cleaned up a bit as well! :D

Original:

Modified:

Reactions: cp8087

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not bad. Looks more aggressive.

Maybe someone willl make a diffuser for the Q50 one day. I'd like it in carbon fiber :D
Thanks! Well when I get the car I will most likely plastidip that area for now but i really dont like the 2 lower red lights and the lower chrome bezel! I think i can live with the red lights andhope the bezel is somehow removable and would leave no blemishes! Maybe plastidip the Infiti logo and debadge the Q50 emblem!

Reactions: ikagan

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Same here! Maybe someone can mold one for us! Ill definitely ask some of the guys that creates molds for body kits here if they can make one if ever and post up a group buy here if enough people are interested!

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
Thanks! Well when I get the car I will most likely plastidip that area for now but i really dont like the 2 lower red lights and the lower chrome bezel! I think i can live with the red lights andhope the bezel is somehow removable and would leave no blemishes! Maybe plastidip the Infiti logo and debadge the Q50 emblem!
Plastidip is a good temp solution to get that part black.

I am going to contact ViS Racing to see if there is enough interest in a carbon diffuser overlay. Realistically you could overlay carbon over that area yourself. It isn't terribly hard. Only problem is that the actual rear bumper isn't shaped the way you have designed it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Tried to see how the Q50 would look like with a rear diffuser! Cleaned up a bit as well! :D

Original:

Modified:

thanks for making the effort to photoshop a diffuser on the Q50 rear bumper. I thought of this as well since they had this piece already on the infiniti G37 rear bumpers. I think there will be a lot of interests if you guys get one made from an aftermarket company. I'm surprised infiniti doesn't come up with their own.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Plastidip is a good temp solution to get that part black.

I am going to contact ViS Racing to see if there is enough interest in a carbon diffuser overlay. Realistically you could overlay carbon over that area yourself. It isn't terribly hard. Only problem is that the actual rear bumper isn't shaped the way you have designed it.
Yea, i used to have a contact from strafe automotive that could do it since they make their parts thru VIS as well but i think the company closed or changed name already! Ill try to ask some vendors on G35driver! Im sure someone will be willing!

thanks for making the effort to photoshop a diffuser on the Q50 rear bumper. I thought of this as well since they had this piece already on the infiniti G37 rear bumpers. I think there will be a lot of interests if you guys get one made from an aftermarket company. I'm surprised infiniti doesn't come up with their own.
Your welcome! Maybe some JDM parts will surface sooner than we think!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Love the photochopped image your put together of the Infiniti Q50 rear diffuser.

I have a feeling we'll eventually see this happen, but only on the IPL Q50. Would be awesome if infiniti had plans to make IPL-styling packages so we can give our basemodel Q50's more of a sporty appearance......

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Love the photochopped image your put together of the Infiniti Q50 rear diffuser.

I have a feeling we'll eventually see this happen, but only on the IPL Q50. Would be awesome if infiniti had plans to make IPL-styling packages so we can give our basemodel Q50's more of a sporty appearance......
Thanks man!

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Yeah, an "IPL Appearance Package" would be awesome on the Q50/Q60.

It could possibly include:
-Special Red Sport Seats
-Special Aluminum/Carbon interior trim
-Special IPL 19" Wheels
-Special IPL Sport Steering Wheel
-Rear Spoiler
-Rear Diffuser

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I would would love to add BBK with Drill Slotted Rotors to that list! :D

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
gr8 creativity, I bet my copper plated penny that after-marketers/manufacturer are probably have started to make diffusers, and other mods parts for Q50. Most money is made on after market accessories in first year of any new car's model release.

I am sure Infiniti is also will have their accessories available as soon consumers like us all have their fingers on their new toy machine.

Reactions: gbert15

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
We should inquire some brands like Stillen, they maybe able to fabricate something for us if we can create enough demand. Seems like AUTO KITS X is good too, they'll make them in gloss black or carbon fibre!
Stillen HQ is just a few miles from here but they are quite expensive! I do know some autobody dealers from g35driver I can inquire from if need be but I guess we need the Q50 first so we can get some measurements in!

I am gonna inquire with R1 Autoworks! Not sure if this is the new name of the company Eric Klumzee is in which helped me a lot with my previous aftermarket stuff for my G35! Maybe we can try to get @ group buy for socal first then we'll see from there! We need the car first though!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.