Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New owner of Red Sport AWD. After I got it noted the Dunlop 245/40 Run flats have nothing but bad reviews. Would think Infiniti would have improved on the OEM tires? Does anyone have feedback, good or bad about these tires?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Just take a look at those many threads and postings in this forum related to the Dunlop tires...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got rid of those Dunlop bricks and replaced them with the magic carpet ride, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 Plus.
I have the '15 Sport Hybrid RWD and the Dunlops rode like Fred Flinstones "tires" so they had to go. I love the new donuts!

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Congrats on the new car, as DeeCee mentioned there are plenty of threads discussing the topic of the stock runflats. The general consensus is that
the vast majority of owners feel the ride quality, traction and longevity are much improved by switching to premium non-runflat tire.

As for why Infiniti uses those tires it's most likely due to a contract between themselves and Dunlop, I suspect they will offer a different set of
stock tires when the refreshed models come out in a year or so.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Congrats on the new car, as DeeCee mentioned there are plenty of threads discussing the topic of the stock runflats. The general consensus is that
the vast majority of owners feel the ride quality, traction and longevity are much improved by switching to premium non-runflat tire.

As for why Infiniti uses those tires it's most likely due to a contract between themselves and Dunlop, I suspect they will offer a different set of
I've seen and driven loaner vehicles equipped with Bridgestone All-season RFT and they're much better than those Dunlops IMO.

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
I'm a little over 8,000 miles in on the original tires and I have yet to die. I'm 62, hard of hearing, but have no back issues, so noise and ride quality might be tempered by my physical attributes. I'm going to guess that my typical driving doesn't approach 5/10 of the car's capabilities. I have no real complaints. Other than my urine stream is weak.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm a little over 8,000 miles in on the original tires and I have yet to die. I'm 62, hard of hearing, but have no back issues, so noise and ride quality might be tempered by my physical attributes. I'm going to guess that my typical driving doesn't approach 5/10 of the car's capabilities. I have no real complaints. Other than my urine stream is weak.
😂

·
Registered
2 Posts

New owner of Red Sport AWD. After I got it noted the Dunlop 245/40 Run flats have nothing but bad reviews. Would think Infiniti would have improved on the OEM tires? Does anyone have feedback, good or bad about these tires?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have just replaced the Dunlop run-flats with Continental DWS6. However, I had to get a spare tire and jack, and reconfigure the trunk area to accommodate the spare tire as in the attached photo. The new tires are much better quality in terms of ride, comfort and handling. The constant rumble from the Dunlops was very annoying and the
Trunk.jpg
ride was rough.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Even with weak urine stream you'd feel the difference to good tires...

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
I'm thinking when I change to non-run flats I'm going to get a custom bumper made and have a "Continental Kit" for spare tire storage. I have a hard time deciding if I want "steps" or not (would be great for extra hauling capacity). A mural might be nice too.

iu-8.jpeg

·
Registered
5,221 Posts
Get rid of the Dumbflops as soon as you can afford to do so and replace them with a good UHP A/S tire. You will be amazed at the improvement. I was.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My Dunlop tires on my 2018 Q50 RS are showing the steel belt, bald on inside of all 4 tires however were flawless 8 thousand miles ago according to the service department. 26 thousand miles total on tires and the car itself, replacing them will run $1,869 so from experience I would recommend you purchase tires that the our fellow forum friends recommend because with no out of ordinary driving habits you will destroy 4 $500 dunflops that infinity never should have put on to begin with. #Dunflops are awful

·
Registered
5,221 Posts
My Dunlop tires on my 2018 Q50 RS are showing the steel belt, bald on inside of all 4 tires however were flawless 8 thousand miles ago according to the service department. 26 thousand miles total on tires and the car itself, replacing them will run $1,869 so from experience I would recommend you purchase tires that the our fellow forum friends recommend because with no out of ordinary driving habits you will destroy 4 $500 dunflops that infinity never should have put on to begin with. #Dunflops are awful
Your 26,000 miles is pretty good for the Dumbflops. Most users get a lot less out of those POS before they're worn out or fail. They are over-priced, dangerous tires that do not belong on any car, much less an expensive sport sedan. You can put a set of Michelins or Continentals on for about half the cost and have a better handling, quieter, safer tire.

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
My big reason for replacing the Dunlop RF tires right after I bought the car had nothing to do with comfort or quietness but SAFETY! The RF tires do not work well in WET weather and can easily hydroplane. As a matter of fact, they don't work well in any weather. This car is my wife's and I wanted excellent traction and braking in all weather conditions on this car which is why I went with the Michelin PS A/S 3+...no reason to compromise...especially when it comes to the safety of the vehicle.

·
Registered
584 Posts
You would think one of the responses was written by a hysterical teen girl. With over 200,000 Q50’s sold how in the world can some hysterical and over the top member even attempt to claim most users get less than 26,000 miles out of the tires on the Q50?

Be cautious listening to someone whom couldn’t possibly back up his hysterics.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Infiniti, not Infinity

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have had the Dunlop runflats on the last four G37/Q50 vehicles I have owned..Absolutely terrible tires! Just replaced them after sidewall blew out in three seperate areas! Replaced with UHP All-Season Continental DWS 06's and couldn't be more pleased, with the benefit of great snow performance. While many manufacturers use run flats, there are far better alternatives to the Dunlop. Infiniti must be getting a fabulous cost price from Dunlop!

·
Registered
5,221 Posts
I have had the Dunlop runflats on the last four G37/Q50 vehicles I have owned..Absolutely terrible tires! Just replaced them after sidewall blew out in three seperate areas! Replaced with UHP All-Season Continental DWS 06's and couldn't be more pleased, with the benefit of great snow performance. While many manufacturers use run flats, there are far better alternatives to the Dunlop. Infiniti must be getting a fabulous cost price from Dunlop!
But...but...you can drive on them for 50 miles after they fail. Certainly that's worth the crap handling, terrible wet and dry traction, harsh ride and noise that the Dumbflops are famous for! Oh...and don't forget the $450/tire that Dumbflop has the gall to charge for those POS tires.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts